My name's Rob. I'm insane, but not in a criminal way. At least, not yet. Take the character of Spicoli from Fast Times at Ridgemont High, make him older and chubbier...and you pretty much know all you need to know about me.
Did Square at some point look at Final Fantasy Adventure (really, the first Mana game on the GB) and think...."Man, this game's cool and all, but what it needs is to be remade with a bigger, more intrusive, story!"?
One of those little things that's found its way into my too-vast list of games I'm working on is doing reviews of both FFA and its GBA remake, Sword of Mana --- after having both games on hiatus for a couple of years each.
Strike Gunner: S.T.G.
No new Alpha Marathon entry for me with this one, as it's my second "S" of the year. But a new review, nonetheless.
As for the near and distant future:
1. Got an arcade shooter that will be up next week.
2. Around the Crimson Helm fight in Okami.
3. Still on 5-1 in Medal of Honor: Underground, but haven't played that recently.
4. Ready to start the fifth stage of Coryoon.
5. Other stuff in various states of hiatus, disrepair and putting off.
Is reviewed. See: M = Medal of Honor: Vanguard
I can see me having a few more FPS games reviewed this summer, as I'm playing MoH: Underground right now (on 5-1), my friend let me borrow Black. I have my EmP/Boo tourney pick. And, if not burnt out on them after that, I'd like to play Frontline, which would leave European Assault as the only PS 1/2 MoH game I haven't done. And my friend has that and should let me borrow it eventually (like after I actually beat and return any of the four games of his I have --- two for a good year, if not more).
This time for L = The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons
So what's next? Between now and Wednesday, I'll likely have one out for Medal of Honor: Vanguard. Then, to name other games I'm currently working on:
On level 4-3 of Medal of Honor: Underground.
Started Okami a couple days ago. I like this one.
Think I'll abort my current Oracle of Ages game and just link my Seasons one to that game, so I can say I did one full two-game link.
Then, I have a few games like Mouryou Senki Madara, Neutopia 2 and others that I'm working on, but haven't had the time to play recently.
And that's that!
With Resident Evil 4. Looks like my retro, obscure street cred's out the window unless I hit up some weird Japanese TG-16 shooter in the near future.
My seventh letter down in the marathon! Which actually is kinda sad, all things considered. Gotta start focusing on a couple games at a time instead of making minimal progress on a slew of 'em.
Well, I finished my first runthrough of Resident Evil 4 last week and have been spending time figuring out how to write my review for it. Think I might finally be getting things together in my head, but for whatever reason, this one's been tougher to write than others.
1. RE4 -- nearing the end. tussling with Krauser right now and trying to get my reflexes down so I don't eat through my healing items in no time at all.
2. Mouryou Senki Madara -- making decent progress. Well, by "decent", I mean really slow progress as this is one of those old-school RPGs where you have to build levels and where a lot of random encounters are very damaging.
3. Zelda: Oracle of Seasons -- up to the final boss of the eighth dungeon, so this one's about over.
4. Zelda: Oracle of Ages -- on the path to the fourth dungeon.
5. Neutopia 2 -- pretty much through one dungeon.
And there you have it. The least inspiring "top something" list of the past 24 hours!