My name's Rob. I'm insane, but not in a criminal way. At least, not yet. Take the character of Spicoli from Fast Times at Ridgemont High, make him older and chubbier...and you pretty much know all you need to know about me.
With Resident Evil 4. Looks like my retro, obscure street cred's out the window unless I hit up some weird Japanese TG-16 shooter in the near future.
My seventh letter down in the marathon! Which actually is kinda sad, all things considered. Gotta start focusing on a couple games at a time instead of making minimal progress on a slew of 'em.
Well, I finished my first runthrough of Resident Evil 4 last week and have been spending time figuring out how to write my review for it. Think I might finally be getting things together in my head, but for whatever reason, this one's been tougher to write than others.
1. RE4 -- nearing the end. tussling with Krauser right now and trying to get my reflexes down so I don't eat through my healing items in no time at all.
2. Mouryou Senki Madara -- making decent progress. Well, by "decent", I mean really slow progress as this is one of those old-school RPGs where you have to build levels and where a lot of random encounters are very damaging.
3. Zelda: Oracle of Seasons -- up to the final boss of the eighth dungeon, so this one's about over.
4. Zelda: Oracle of Ages -- on the path to the fourth dungeon.
5. Neutopia 2 -- pretty much through one dungeon.
And there you have it. The least inspiring "top something" list of the past 24 hours!
Just stuff I've played over the past week or so. As opposed to games I'm playing but haven't had time to get to for a couple weeks or ones that have been shunted to the back burner. Unless you want to hear me say that in Star Ocean: TtEoT that I'm in the lower parts of the Sphere Building right after killing the head of security guy for the 4th or 5th time over the past year and a half or so!
1. Resident Evil 4: Chapter 5-3. Last night, I totally got disemboweled by that thing Saddler refers to as "it". Great game. I find myself playing it in small bits and pieces just to let the experience sink in so that I can savor it more. I can see me giving this one a 10 easily.
Well, after blogging that I'd done my last review, Felix dared me to do two in one week. Then, EmP said it's shocking when I do two in one month.
Well, with this little salvo (S = Stinger), I not only did two this week, but I'm up to three in this month. Looks like I win at life this time! That'll teach ya to challenge my pride!
Now, I'm off to get loaded in celebration. Or.....actually just get loaded. It's Friday. I don't need a reason.
O = Obscure: The Aftermath
Now that's taken care of, what will be next? Good question, as per the norm, I'm muddling through several different games as opposed to actually playing one (or two at the most) with anything resembling focus.
So it could be:
Resident Evil 4
Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, Oracle of Ages or Oracle of Seasons (yes, I am simultaneously playing all three)
A special surprise (ie: a quicky shooter or platformer review cranked out for a game I busted through in a couple of hours cuz I didn't want to play any of the main projects)!
Tag Team Wrestling
Posted here one day after actually being put on the site. Not going to help with the Alphabetic Marathon because I've already done "T", but I just felt the need to write about this game.