My name's Rob. I'm insane, but not in a criminal way. At least, not yet. Take the character of Spicoli from Fast Times at Ridgemont High, make him older and chubbier...and you pretty much know all you need to know about me.
J = James Cameron's Avatar: The Game
Which brings me up to 18. Which is where I'll finish. I have one more review that I may finish tomorrow if I can get motivated to finalize it (writer's block has been a bastard with it), but it's for a letter I've already done.
In other news, since I haven't updated my Dragon Age: Origins quest!
1. Did the lower part of the Dalish forest ruins. Killed a Revenant there. He was a rough one, but I had far more trouble with the Arcane Horror in a different room. That bastard teleported all over the place blasting me with spells. Not cool....
And my journey continues. My party is Me, Alistair, Morrigan and Shale.
1. Bought and played The Warden's Keep downloadable content. Kind of a fun little quest.
2. Been short on playing time, but still have done a good chunk of the Dalish/Werewolf quest. Where I've learned the important lesson that Revenants are real bastards. I'll be going back to these woods at a later time for the tombstone battles and to collect 1-2 chests that I'm not good enough at lockpicking yet to open.
Haven't had as much time with this as I'd want, but moving along.
1. Finished off early stage. The cinematic aspect of the battle/betrayal was well done. Very epic feel to the proceedings.
2. Lukewarm about the village there after the initial part is done. Almost like a tutorial after the origin part is over. The only remotely challenging fight was the one bandit party with a "leader" character.
3. Then did the free-for-me get-the-golem shit. Fun quest. I'll never look at my cats in the same way. Toughest fight was the one where you free the villagers, as the enemy had numbers and some good units (emissary) out there. It might replace the dude I got from the stupid village's cage as my tank....or replace Alistair, so I don't keep confusing him with me.
Every few years, I actually like to do something really fucking crazy like buy a NEW game instead of one that's a year or two old and, therefore, cheap. I had many weiner-hardening choices when I left home yesterday.
I could have picked Modern Warfare II, but after reading Jason's review and various message board/blog entries, I think the last thing the world needs is my opinion of No Russian (if you do want it, I completely advocate terrorists mowing down the unwashed populace and would have probably killed more than any of the actual bad guys if I was playing it).
Revelations: The Demon Slayer
This is for the Brevity or Bust challAnge.
As for my other gaming, I'm fiddling with Oblivion and screwing around with the first SNES Shin Megami Tensei and with Mystic Ark, but I'm really not focused on much of anything. Very unfocused, actually, with my gaming. Just sort of playing something for a half hour and then picking up something else. You'll have that.
The Elder Scrolls IV: Shivering Isles
Which will leave you all to wonder how long it will take for me to get to the other two parts (Knights of the Nine and Oblivion, itself). If I don't get sidetracked by something like Borderlands or Dragon Age: Origins, one or both will be up before the clock strikes Street Fighter 2010. If I do.....well, it'll happen sometime, some year.
I released this review: Ion Assault
In other news, I'm mainly playing the Shivering Isles part of Oblivion and gradually advancing through it.