Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Modern Gaming > Games that Emp should be playing

Additional Messages (Groups of 25)

[01] [02]

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: mariner
Posted: January 26, 2021 (03:08 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

As much as I wanted to love the La-Mulana games, I just couldn't get into them. The slow controls combined with brutal difficulty was just too much. I remember fighting the first boss in the second game (I think). The pattern was very simple. But the boss had SO much HP, your character moved SO slow that it was a nightmare, since one little mistake could ruin you. And this was the first boss!

I could live with the obscure puzzles and death traps, but not when combined with the controls and the harsh combat. That's just too much for little old me.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: zigfried
Posted: January 30, 2021 (10:22 PM)

Emp -- wishing you luck on the 2018 list, so that I can give you a new batch for 2019. Gotta move fast if you're gonna catch up to the current year!

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: EmP (Mod)
Posted: January 31, 2021 (03:36 AM)

I'd have caught up by now had Utawarerumono: Prelude to the Fallen not become a thing...

For us. For them. For you.

board icon
Posted: May 02, 2021 (07:49 AM)

Tokyo Xanadu is beaten, despite Jason's best efforts to keep it buried in my backlog forever.

My 2018 list is complete. I also beat the Utawarerumono remake for good measure. I don't think I want to play the Zen games.

board icon
Author: honestgamer
Posted: May 02, 2021 (12:52 PM)

Curses! Foiled again!

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy on reality

"What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto on secret doors to another world2

board icon
Author: bwv_639
Posted: September 28, 2021 (03:10 PM)

The N-Gage game review led me to think about this: there is a superb RPG for the PC, Betrayal at Krondor, which is very little known by people taking on videogaming in the last... 20 years.

Its primary strength is the ambience — that thing that isn't easily put in words (which, if I didn't misunderstand, is the same forte as the N-Gage RPG): it really carries you in another, its, world, and it surely is a one-of-a-kind work.

It's nice that there's a reader review of it. I'd like it to have a staff review too.

https://www.necessarygames.com/my-games/loneliness

board icon
Posted: October 02, 2021 (04:18 AM)

I think I have that game on Steam, so there's always a chance. It's been something I've been curious about for quite a long time, now.

Additional Messages (Groups of 25)

[01] [02]

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.