Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Site Announcements > The PsychoPenguin Review Extravaganza (Extra Exciting 2012 Edition)

Additional Messages (Groups of 25)

[01] [02]

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: April 16, 2012 (06:05 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

I can't recall. Do you like FFVII, Suskie?

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Author: Suskie
Posted: April 16, 2012 (08:23 PM)

Ha.

No.

You exist because we allow it. And you will end because we demand it.

board icon
Author: snowdragon
Posted: April 20, 2012 (07:40 PM)

A clever tribute. Color me intrigued. Assuming I can put something together by the deadline, count me in.

board icon
Author: bbbmoney
Posted: April 25, 2012 (08:39 AM)

Procrastinated too much on this one, so I won't be competing. Looking epic so far though, and good luck to the contestants.

Well, to be honest, I had my heart set on Breath of Fire IV -- and I knew I could of marathoned the game, but never have I gotten a headache from a video game like this. That isometric camera is demonic. Just couldn't pull through. In fact, I hardly ever get headaches from gaming, period -- the only other time was probably playing through the mess that was Resident Evil 5.

5 hours in and BoFIV wasn't even bad, it was just physically damaging me =[

Mobius 1, engage...

board icon
Author: JoeTheDestroyer (Mod)
Posted: April 25, 2012 (09:15 AM)

I've got a review coming within the next day or so.

I also recommend you do Koudelka, Suskie.

The only thing my milkshake brings to the yard is a subpoena.

board icon
Author: overdrive (Mod)
Posted: April 28, 2012 (01:40 PM)

I have entered

We have until Monday, right? In case I start rapidly editing things for various reasons.

I'm not afraid to die because I am invincible
Viva la muerte, that's my goddamn principle

board icon
Author: aschultz
Posted: April 28, 2012 (04:22 PM)

Didn't realize the deadline was this soon. However, I have been playing the game I want to review. It was one McFadden actually recommended specifically to me. I put it off for a bit but finally got around to it. I never reviewed it at GameFAQs.

Good to see someone is entering ahead of time. That's motivation for me...

Edit: entered.

My principal said, 'Emo, Emo, Emo.'
I said 'I'm the one in the middle, you lousy drunk!'
-- Emo Phillips

board icon
Posted: April 29, 2012 (11:07 AM)

I'm hoping to submit tonight, myself.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Posted: April 30, 2012 (12:07 AM)

Alright, damn... that took me way longer than I thought it would. I think it took me longer to write the review than to play the entire game. Anyway, as soon as it's approved, I'll link it in this post.

I'll be linking it RIGHT HERE in capital letters.

board icon
Author: JoeTheDestroyer (Mod)
Posted: April 30, 2012 (12:30 AM)

Eh, why the hell not?

The only thing my milkshake brings to the yard is a subpoena.

board icon
Author: EmP (Mod)
Posted: April 30, 2012 (05:25 PM)

I can't help but think he'd get a kick out of making me suffer this game again

For us. For them. For you.

board icon
Author: dementedhut
Posted: April 30, 2012 (07:23 PM)

I was going to do a review too, but never got around to it. Haven't had the chance to play the game, as well.

Even though I'll miss the contest deadline, I'll likely do a review for Penguin regardless.

I head spaceshit noises.

board icon
Author: wolfqueen001
Posted: April 30, 2012 (07:39 PM)

I'm in the same way as Pickhut. I would've done something for this, but I've been really busy with other commitments (both to the site and elsewhere), so I just didn't have time to show up. However, I still want to write something for this anyway, even if I do miss out on the prize (which I really don't care about that much anyway).

[Eating EmP's brain] probably isn't a good idea. I mean... He's British, which means his brain's wired for PAL and your eyes are NTSC. - Will

board icon
Author: Suskie
Posted: April 30, 2012 (09:21 PM)

Add me to the I've Been Busy Lately list. I was actually going to make a last-minute stab at it but today was particularly rough at work.

I was just gonna review FFVII anyway, so I'm not going to pretend I would've won.

You exist because we allow it. And you will end because we demand it.

board icon
Author: disco
Posted: May 01, 2012 (12:09 AM)

Damn it. I've been way too busy with other stuff the past couple of weeks, but I managed to churn out a Metroid II review tonight. I submitted it about twelve minutes before midnight. Is it too late for the deadline?

It's okay if I missed it. This was for Psycho Penguin's sake, not the contest itself.

Here's the link: http://www.honestgamers.com/reviews/10237.html

Is there another word for synonym?

board icon
Author: honestgamer
Posted: May 01, 2012 (01:53 AM)

It's eligible. I saw it in the queue and I have approved it, so post the link in the topic. Otherwise, that's it for contest entries.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy on reality

"What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto on secret doors to another world2

board icon
Posted: May 02, 2012 (06:20 PM)

I just realized, but we basically put together a nostalgia death squad with our reviews. The exception is Overdrive who actually liked the game he went back to play. That makes him like the "smalls" of the group. Or maybe the benevolent traitor who gets the girl in the end.

board icon
Posted: May 12, 2012 (12:24 PM)

For my own convenient reference (and possibly yours), here is a list of the reviews eligible for this contest, in the approximate order in which they were submitted. I'll be writing up my impressions of each review, ranking them, and posting the results thread over the next few days. Barring unexpected delays, you'll all know who won the contest around this time next week and I'll contact the winner to send the prize shortly thereafter.

Legaia 2: Duel Saga (PS2) by Sise-Neg

Final Fantasy X (PS2) by overdrive

Circus Caper (NES) by aschultz

ActRaiser (Super Nintendo) by zippdementia

Pitfall II: Lost Caverns (Atari 2600) by JoeTheDestroyer

Blaster Master 2 (Genesis) by EmP

Metroid II: Return of Samus (Game Boy) by disco

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy on reality

"What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto on secret doors to another world2

board icon
Author: threetimes
Posted: May 23, 2012 (06:26 AM)

Nice to see the list of entrants, and good luck to everyone who submitted.

*nudge*

Don't panic!

board icon
Posted: May 25, 2012 (03:50 PM)

Thanks for your patience, everyone! Most of the days I suffered through these last few weeks have been among the busiest and most stressful of my freelance career--mostly because money hadn't been showing up and it was hard to see how I would continue to eat and pay for health insurance and utilities and rent--but a check arrived today and (predictably) that has me feeling a lot better and stumbling back toward normal ahead of the holiday weekend. I'm actually going through the reviews right now and I may have a results topic posted sometime this afternoon or evening. Once I announce the winner, I'll send an HG Mail to that individual to verify the PayPal email address, so whoever winds up winning... check for that!

board icon
Author: Maya
Posted: April 08, 2020 (07:51 PM)

. . . , , ,
pokras7777

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

Additional Messages (Groups of 25)

[01] [02]

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.