Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > marter's MLB 10: The Show review

This thread is in response to a review for MLB 10: The Show on the PlayStation 3. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: LowerStreetBlues
Posted: March 22, 2010 (03:27 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Good informative review. A couple questions, if you have the time: Is the game more offensive or defensive leaning? How difficult is it to work a walk in the game (is a patient approach sometimes rewarded)?

Also, you might want to make an edit to clarify this line re paragraph seven:

"For instance, if you swing even a moment too early, you will it the ball of the tip of the bat, the ball may be popped up or pulled foul."

My message board signature!

board icon
Author: marter
Posted: March 22, 2010 (04:01 PM)

1) It doesn't really seem to lean one way or another. I've had 1-0 games, as well as 17-14 games and everywhere in between. You can also tweak the sliders if you are finding the game getting to offensive/defensive.

2) Drawing a walk is pretty difficult if the sliders are left on default, but lowering the CPU consistency and accuracy does wonders in this matter.

Thanks for finding that typo.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: LowerStreetBlues
Posted: March 23, 2010 (04:07 AM)

I always feel like such a cheater adjusting sliders. It makes me wonder how much under the hood of sports games is really just generating random outcomes based on probabilities and math tricks.

My message board signature!

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.