Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > overdrive's Assassin's Creed: The Ezio Collection review

This thread is in response to a review for Assassin's Creed: The Ezio Collection on the PlayStation 4. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: honestgamer
Posted: March 09, 2023 (09:13 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

This was a tightly written, excellent review of a compilation. I found a few spots to fix:

"will result in Desmond be desynchronized" < 'being'
"going through sparsely-decoration locations" < 'sparsely-deorated'
"kicking a guard to break his guard" < just struck me as funny repetition

When I was in the middle of my own Assassin's Creed binge, I played through the original releases of the games in this collection and then continued on to Assassin's Creed III, which I finished. I haven't played any of them since, despite purchasing them. I love the series, but I burned myself out a bit and III ends on a bit of a sour note, I thought.

I need to get back to the series. Judging by my own gaming activities, compared to yours, I suspect you'll beat me to that!

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy on reality

"What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto on secret doors to another world2

board icon
Author: overdrive (Mod)
Posted: March 10, 2023 (05:32 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Thanks for the catches and the kind words. Yeah, it probably won't be super long before I get back into AC with 3 and so on, but I do want a bit of time to recharge the batteries. I could tell with Revelations that, while I liked the game, I was getting a bit burnt out after going from 2 to Brotherhood to it back-to-back-to-back with no break between them. Figured that if I quickly went to 3, I'd be in a very nit-picking mood. But overall, I found these games to be really fun and, if the series in general is along their level of quality (I know a few of the ones between 4 and the more RPG-ish ones starting with Origins got comparatively mediocre review scores, but from what I gleaned, a lot of that had more to do with things like the hero was more boring than Ezio (at least Unity) and/or the game being really derivative of others in the series. Which means that I'd like them, but probably wouldn't want to play them in quick succession because that could get tiresome.

I'm not afraid to die because I am invincible
Viva la muerte, that's my goddamn principle

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.