Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > JoeTheDestroyer's Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories review

This thread is in response to a review for Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories on the PlayStation 2. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: overdrive (Mod)
Posted: November 11, 2022 (03:35 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

You know, reading this really makes me think I need to try Disgaea again for a few reasons.

1. Starting to feel the itch for a SRPG.

2. I played through part of it a long time ago and liked it, but got too OCD and this is a game where you can't do that. Yeah, great idea to try to unlock AND USE characters of every class, meaning that I'd spend days just doing item world stuff to bulk up the 15 or so I had that weren't necessarily getting into story fights. Playing it like a sane person might probably would ward off the getting all burnt-out and hating myself phase I found myself in.

3. With PS Plus, they do have D2, 3, 4, and 5, so in conjunction with the original, which I own, I'd have access to every one except this one, which probably could be taken care of fairly easily if I wanted to and, if not, I'd still have five games in the series, which would only take an eternity or two to get through.

I'm not afraid to die because I am invincible
Viva la muerte, that's my goddamn principle

board icon
Author: honestgamer
Posted: November 13, 2022 (07:25 PM)

They really, really need to make "Complete" versions of 2 and 3, so it's common to have all six on a single platform like the Switch or PS4. I hate how common it is for ALMOST every entry in a series to hit one platform, with a seemingly random couple just not available. Like with Star Ocean 2. Or the third Etrian Odyssey. And so on. And so forth.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy on reality

"What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto on secret doors to another world2

board icon
Author: JoeTheDestroyer (Mod)
Posted: November 15, 2022 (08:28 AM)

Rob:
The first Disgaea game really broke me of my "game OCD." I realized that I would never in my lifetime 100% it or probably any other NIS title. I think that's one thing I like about them so much; you don't have to worry about even coming close to doing everything, so just do what you want and feel good about what you accomplished.

Jason:
I was thinking this same thing with not only Disgaea, but Shining Force. Like, I was looking back on all the Shining games I've missed, and I'm overwhelmed. I don't think I'll ever be able to get them all, and it's kind of depressing... I really wish Sega would re-release them in some capacity.

The only thing my milkshake brings to the yard is a subpoena.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.