Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Contributor Zone > Review of the Week - June 20-26 -- Another one-review spectacular!

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: overdrive (Mod)
Posted: September 09, 2022 (12:04 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

And the next one, which also will be easy. This time, it's Joe who picks up the win over a vast horde of invisible ghosts who don't write stuff. KUDOS!

Let's see, the movie for this one can be Paganini Horror, a late 80s Italian horror film about a female rock band who composes a song based on a forgotten score written by Paganini that opens a gateway to hell that leads to everyone associated with the band dying. Donald Pleasance slums in this bit of trash, appearing in three scenes. The main thing that hurts this movie is the horrible dialogue. And the low-budget kills. And the general lack of interesting things happening. And, shockingly being that it is an Italian film, the lack of sleaze, nudity and the like. Kind of a dull film, really.

REVIEW OF THE WEEK (aka: Overdrive Place)

Joe's Aggelos (Switch)

I dug this review a lot, as you took a genre that, as you said, has gotten commonplace to the point of being tiresome AND that's a game that is happy to not really try to break new ground, but was still competent enough to earn praise. And your review does a great job of illustrating how it does warrant complementary talk. I liked your discussion of how the double jump here works differently than in the average game of this sort and you also had good commentary on things like how the game makes the most of its space and how there aren't long "waste your time" treks that end in dead ends. This game seems like fun and, from the pics, has some nice artwork. I dug those minotaurs in the second picture. Sort of a cartoonish atmosphere. A good review for what seems to be a good game.

Two down, more to go!

I'm not afraid to die because I am invincible
Viva la muerte, that's my goddamn principle

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.