Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Contributor Zone > Review of the Week April 18 - 24: One man enters, one man leaves.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: JoeTheDestroyer (Mod)
Posted: June 18, 2022 (11:15 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

There was only one submission this week, and that means one winner: OD for Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time.

First off, I feel the beginning of this review in my soul.There's a few items on my backlog that stretch back to OG PlayStation and N64, and I keep saying I'm going to get to them one day. Maybe. Hell, until a few years ago, I still had an SNES game (Breath of Fire II) on my backlog, so it could actually happen one day. Also, I've had Septerra Core on there since about 2000, and I'm [...] this close to scratching it off finally.

Anyway, I haven't played R&C of any kind in ages. It got to the point where I'm so far behind that there's no way I'll ever catch up, and I usually like to play big franchises like this one in sequential order. However, this review may just convince me to make a better attempt about it. I mean, hell, I loved the first three on PS2.

This review basically breaks down key points of the campaign without spoiling much, while also examining the game's qualities as they relate to those points. It's a very carefully considered bit of writing that flows well and gives its readers just enough of a taste of the experience without rubbing their faces in it.

---

And that's one down, four to go...

The only thing my milkshake brings to the yard is a subpoena.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.