Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Contributor Zone > What's this font standard thing?

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: dagoss
Posted: May 13, 2022 (10:38 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

I my recent review, I put too images side-by-side and because I'm fancy, I did it with a flex box. It wasn't present in the preview when I submitted it, but on the site now, it wraps the children in an <font class="standard">. Not a big deal, but why is that happening and can I fix it? That font tag isn't there when I edit the review.

(Also, it's 2022 and I complete forgot that the font tag was ever a thing)

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: honestgamer
Posted: May 13, 2022 (04:59 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Are you using the tags to insert images? If so, they provide specific formatting to help the review perform better in search and on social media. So that might be where the tag is appearing from. It's just letting the site know to display the font with its default settings to avoid breaking things.

Edit: Oh, you're talking about the one at the start of the review. It's in the site source code, and there for the same basic reason. There also are some tags at the end to help for when people forget to close italic tags and such, which they do fairly frequently.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy on reality

"What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto on secret doors to another world2

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.