Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Contributor Zone > ROTW: March 27 - April 3: Way Past Overdue

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: JoeTheDestroyer (Mod)
Posted: May 13, 2022 (01:17 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

I honestly would like to belt these back issues of ROTW out pretty quickly. So I'll cut back on the chatter a bit and cut to the chase.

OD - Sonic & Knuckles
It's only natural if you review Sonic 3 that you MUST review S&K. You can't not do it that way. This is a good review, although I'm going to admit the Sonic 3 one was better. There's more passion here, which you demonstrate by illustrating how you think more of the high points in this game rather than the disappointing bits. The only complaint I have is one paragraph running down levels that felt a bit list-like. Otherwise, this is a fantastic review!

Jason - Kirby and the Forgotten Land ***REVIEW OF THE WEEK*
One thing I always appreciate about your review is how thorough they are. Pretty much any time I read one, I feel like I've just borrowed the game from someone for a weekend or rented it. This one is no exception, as it goes into great detail about what worked and what didn't work about this game. More than anything, this well-organized and thought out piece reinforces why I should probably pick this one up at some point.

---

I figured I could knock this one out quickly before moving on. I have some games I need to review, so I really should get crackin'.

The only thing my milkshake brings to the yard is a subpoena.

board icon
Author: honestgamer
Posted: May 13, 2022 (08:21 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Thanks for getting to these, Joe! They're light weeks, but a lot of times the field is still tight and it takes a lot of thought to decide on ranking. I'm glad you enjoyed the Kirby review and, if you are a Kirby fan, the game is a no-brainer despite its minor flaws. Thanks for the win!

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy on reality

"What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto on secret doors to another world2

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.