Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Site Announcements > HonestGamers has a new owner, but you're not getting rid of me that easy!

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: honestgamer
Posted: February 08, 2022 (06:57 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Hello all!

This is an official post to let everyone know that HonestGamers now has a new owner. His name is Jason Leyanna, and I have known him for quite a few years now. I'm confident he is the right person to take the reins as my role on the site changes.

I imagine some of you will have some questions, so I'll try to answer a few of them preemptively. Then if you still wonder about something, feel free to ask.

First, you might wonder what will change. The answer, especially in the near future, is "very little." Presently, I'm making sure Jason has access to everything he needs to keep the site running as it always has. The site's current staff and contributors are all invited to continue with business as usual. I certainly plan to keep playing and writing about games, and to do so right here at HonestGamers.

In the longer term, it's impossible to say how things will go. The site has seen a lot of changes over the years, and those should continue. Through any unforeseen turns, I expect we'll always retain our focus on games and great writing. After all, why "fix" what ain't broken?

Who is the new owner, exactly? Well, he already has an account on the site (his username is jason). He has worked with me on previous projects, and I have talked with him about HonestGamers a lot over the years. Anything beyond that I'll let him tell you for himself.

Finally, you might be curious why I would even hand over control of a site I've worked on for so long. The answer is that I've been feeling mentally exhausted for quite some time. I've sometimes turned to my creative side (i.e. fiction) to feel a bit more human, and that made me realize I've pushed that particular passion to the side for too long. Placing HonestGamers in the hands of a capable, trustworthy individual will allow me to continue exploring my creative side while also ensuring the site has the best possible opportunity to truly thrive.

Thank you all for your years of support. I appreciate the heck out of you, and I hope we will enjoy participating together on the site for years to come!

Jason

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy on reality

"What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto on secret doors to another world2

board icon
Author: jason
Posted: February 08, 2022 (07:06 PM)

Hi all!

Jason Leyanna here. I'm going to be taking over for Jason going forward but hope to keep things near to the same in the near term. I'm looking forward to keeping HonestGamers running for many years to come! I hope you will continue to stay and look forward to working with you all and reading your content!

I used to run Realm of Gaming for many years where I also have had Jason Venter as a guest writer numerous times. I'm currently also running the video game database and collection manager, VGCollect. I look forward to helping take some of the pressure off of Jason and allow him to focus more on his writing.

Please feel free to reach out to me here with any comments and/or questions you may have. Thanks to all of those that have contributed over the many years and I am excited to see what we can do together!

Jason

board icon
Author: dagoss
Posted: February 10, 2022 (03:16 AM)

Thanks Jason for your hard work over the years and thanks Jason for the future improvements I'm sure you'll make!

And thanks to both of your for the continuity in naming. Makes things easy!

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.