Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Contributor Zone > RotW // 3rd January -- 9th January // Zero Hour Submissions + Rob

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: EmP (Mod)
Posted: January 10, 2022 (01:00 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

THIRD - PGA European Tour [GEN] VGC2000

I think this review’s biggest drawback is that there’s some dissonance between the review itself and the score. A lot of the text talks about how the European Tour is just the previous game with some new courses slapped on, followed by a list of little complaints. All seem valid and have some back-up towards them, but it is a lot of complaining with a lot of the things you obviously feel work about the game omitted. Still, it’s cool to see this game covered; it was a massive part of my multiplayer rotation back in the day.
SECOND - Event 0 [PC] Brian

Heavy props for that tagline; it’s very clever,

What follows is a very interesting review, but one that seems to talk around the concept of the game, rather than talk about the game itself. Some of this obviously leads into the idea that Event 0 has a text based heart where you’re, basically, bargaining with an AI. It’s an interesting subject matter that’s obviously grabbed you, but you talk more about that than what you actually do. A lot of that is probably because E0 is a short game, which you also allude to.

FIRST - Avernum 2: Crystal Souls [DietPC] Overdrive

Good old Spiderweb; the last RPG refuge of the mac owner.

I remember the Escape for the Pit review with some fondness. I remember the list joke that you ripped straight from Chris Jericho, but finding it funny, anyway. And I like this review, too. Which is pretty evident as I gave it the win I guess.

I think the review is well organised, which means that, while you ramble, you ramble in the right direction. Establishing the previous game was important, because this is more or less a continuation of this, but it was also important to introduce the changes. The new party of cadets, the new race that ties into the main thrust of the quests, as well as echoing back to the ongoing way that serves through all of those games.

It was a long review that might benefit from some screenshots (I’ll see what I can find) but it never felt long because your enthusiasm for the subject made it interesting. It’s a very good review from you to start the year off.

For us. For them. For you.

board icon
Author: overdrive (Mod)
Posted: January 12, 2022 (10:50 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Thanks for the win and kind comments. For at least one week, I'm Number #1 in the new Site King!

It's all downhill from here!

I'm not afraid to die because I am invincible
Viva la muerte, that's my goddamn principle

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.