Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > honestgamer's PixelJunk Racers: 2nd Lap review

This thread is in response to a review for PixelJunk Racers: 2nd Lap on the PlayStation 3. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: bwv_639
Posted: November 27, 2021 (03:48 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

It is quite dispiriting that some kinds of games (and 2D racers, specially top-down-viewed ones, are one of those) have come to be seen as intrinsically inferior, and deserving only to be budget projects.

2D football games, and generally speaking not-complex sports games, fall into this unlucky set.

Too bad, because they'd have the potential to be enormously entertaining and pleasurable to play (easily more so than the 3D complex games representing the same sports) — in the age where online multiplayer is an easy-to-offer option.

https://www.necessarygames.com/my-games/loneliness

board icon
Author: honestgamer
Posted: November 27, 2021 (04:37 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Yeah, I agree. This game had a lot of attention put into most of the right areas, too. So it was especially disappointing that the end result didn't work well for me when a couple of small changes could have made it great for someone like me. This feels almost more like an action/puzzle game than it does a proper racing game.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy on reality

"What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto on secret doors to another world2

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.