Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > overdrive's Eliminate Down review

This thread is in response to a review for Eliminate Down on the Genesis. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: dagoss
Posted: May 06, 2021 (06:29 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

I never heard of this one, so I checked out a let's play and it looks and sounds *really* good. Did you play this on actual hardware? Looks like original MD carts for this were obscene, even before the pandemic inflation.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: overdrive (Mod)
Posted: May 06, 2021 (11:51 PM)

No, that was a pure "via computer" way of playing it. Long ways back, I was into shmups.com and that site was a great resource for looking up shooters I thought looked like worth a play. And I'm still slowly working through them. Mega Drive just was loaded with ones that looked and played great. This one, Bio Hazard Battle and Lightening Force/Thunder Force 4 all just have that "it" factor. Maybe Gley Lancer, too...haven't heard as much about it, but it does look really nice and what I have heard is good.

I'm not afraid to die because I am invincible
Viva la muerte, that's my goddamn principle

board icon
Author: dagoss
Posted: May 07, 2021 (03:24 AM)

Years ago when there used to be more contests on this site, there was one where people had to review a randomly assigned game and I actually ended up with Gley Lancer. I feel like I was a bit mean to it just for being on the MD. I said it was forgettable, and at this point I've forgotten everything except it's name, so I guess I was correct on that point at least.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: overdrive (Mod)
Posted: May 07, 2021 (10:51 AM)

Yeah, you did review it. At the least, from skimming it, you seemed to think it was a decent game that didn't stand out because it was derivative of others. I liked the touch of "accidentally" calling it by the names of other, more famous, shooters to illustrate that.

Ah well, I'll still probably get to it. Maybe this year, maybe next, maybe some other.

I'm not afraid to die because I am invincible
Viva la muerte, that's my goddamn principle

board icon
Author: Masters (Mod)
Posted: May 08, 2021 (11:04 AM)

Nice review of a fantastic game. Gley Lancer is good too, but not quite in the same league.

I don't have to prove I'm refined - that's what makes me refined!

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.