Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > [NEWS] Rule of Rose and Chulip developers post poll to gauge interest in their classic games

This thread is in response to an article about Rule of Rose on the PlayStation 2. You are encouraged to view the article in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: JoeTheDestroyer (Mod)
Posted: March 01, 2021 (01:39 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Crossing my fingers for a Rule of Rose port so I don't have to either shell out a bundle for a used copy or attempt to pirate it.

The only thing my milkshake brings to the yard is a subpoena.

board icon
Author: honestgamer
Posted: March 01, 2021 (11:40 AM)

That's exactly right. Rule of Rose feels like a must to me, just because of how much it goes for on eBay. I like to support developers, but buying an old copy for $300 doesn't support them and for my trouble, I get a game I may not even like. Paying $20 or whatever for a port to Switch or some other platform is a lot easier to justify. Maybe they could improve load times on Chulip, too. It definitely could do with that kind of adjustment!

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy on reality

"What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto on secret doors to another world2

board icon
Author: overdrive (Mod)
Posted: March 02, 2021 (07:20 AM)

Oh, yeah, Rule of Rose. I think I still have that free review copy I got whenever the game came out. Because it was a promotional copy that wasn't for re-sell. Of all the companies that I've gotten physical copies of their games, Atlus was about the only one that did that. That game, Metal Saga and the first Shin Megami Tensei action-RPG spin-off game (had the really long-ass name, something like Raidou Something and the Soulless Army) for the PS2 and Cursed Crusade for the 360. As I recall, the great thing about them being promotional copies is that the SMT game was the only one of the four I actually liked and might have wanted to keep, and this was during the time where I was really cash-strapped and re-selling all those old freebies I'd get to review was something that would help alleviate the cost of my game purchases. So Atlus was putting me in this "Not only is this mediocre, but it's not even gonna put $5 towards me getting something I might want to buy!" mood.

I'm not afraid to die because I am invincible
Viva la muerte, that's my goddamn principle

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.