Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Contributor Zone > RotW: Holdover review notations

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: honestgamer
Posted: March 12, 2019 (09:31 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

This topic is being created and stickied so that if a review was eligible during a certain week of RotW but was forgotten when that RotW topic was created, it can be considered for the next week. If you are in charge of a week's given RotW topic, please make checking this thread part of your routine in case a holdover review is in play.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy on reality

"What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto on secret doors to another world2

board icon
Author: overdrive (Mod)
Posted: March 12, 2019 (12:31 PM)

Langrisser Mobile

http://www.honestgamers.com/14354/android/langrisser-mobile/review.html

I'm not afraid to die because I am invincible
Viva la muerte, that's my goddamn principle

board icon
Posted: March 19, 2019 (12:05 PM)

Langrisser Mobile

http://www.honestgamers.com/14354/android/langrisser-mobile/review.html

I'd say, "AGAIN!", but since next week is my week, I'll probably just give it the win to teach you guys not to snub the concept of even thinking about it for three straight weeks.

board icon
Author: Masters (Mod)
Posted: March 19, 2019 (01:36 PM)

This time was my fault. Partially. I made the mistake of listening to Emp when he tried to sell me on bailing him out: "It's just the five reviews, please, I'm so tired and weak..." Then I did the RotW and found that he was having a grand ol' time playing Yakuza for the next several hours straight.

I don't have to prove I'm refined - that's what makes me refined!

board icon
Posted: March 20, 2019 (08:57 AM)

Playing Yakuza, you say?!?! Maybe I'll alter my "just give myself a win as a lesson to everyone" strategy to a "make EmP cover my week under the 'ain't doin' nuthin' until someone, ANYONE remembers my review' clause" that I just came up after reading your post. Even if that means I don't submit any reviews, RotWs or much of anything other than bitching until mid-October, when someone finally puts two and two together and slaps together a couple sentences about it.

With all that said, it's going to be a really anticlimactic end to all this when that review winds up getting an honorable mention while described as "decent, but nothing great". But, damnitalltohell, I will complain REGULARLY until that moment happens!

board icon
Author: EmP (Mod)
Posted: March 20, 2019 (09:15 AM)

You know how we feel about your mobile reviews, dude. An honourable mention is a lofty aspiration indeed.

Marc's poking fun, but I feel like I can manage short bursts of games (with a decent splodge of idle time where I wander off to wallow in self pity for a while) but sitting down to write anything but the breeziest of passages is exhausting. It makes sense to me, but sounds like madness when explained out loud.

For us. For them. For you.

board icon
Posted: March 20, 2019 (09:26 AM)

This one isn't a Kemco one!!! It's a pure FREE-TO-PLAY, which is even more fun to write about!!!

board icon
Author: JoeTheDestroyer (Mod)
Posted: March 31, 2019 (07:00 PM)

BUMP

Langrisser Mobile

The only thing my milkshake brings to the yard is a subpoena.

board icon
Author: hastypixels
Posted: April 01, 2019 (08:43 AM)

Bomberman 94 should be a holdover.

Look, the only time I'm not wrong is when I'm right, so...

board icon
Posted: April 23, 2019 (01:20 PM)

My Bonds of the Skies review is a holdover from this week to next (ie: Jason's).

board icon
Posted: September 16, 2019 (07:46 AM)

My Super Mario 64 DS review for this week.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.