Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > honestgamer's Assassin's Creed: Revelations review

This thread is in response to a review for Assassin's Creed: Revelations on the PlayStation 3. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: Roto13
Posted: October 01, 2012 (10:19 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

I don't like Tower Defense games in general. Even the good ones. I didn't like the one in Revelations either, but I was able to avoid it except for that one really easy forced tutorial. I keep a low profile in those games anyway.

---

board icon
Author: honestgamer
Posted: October 01, 2012 (11:04 AM)

I didn't realize at first what prompted the attacks on my towers, until I paid attention to one of the notes on a load screen. Once I realized that, it was all good. I usually don't hesitate to move around the city however I like, since I'm by now capable of wiping out whole platoons and barely taking any damage, so I'm often hovering around three-fourths notorious. Paying off heralds and such is easy enough, though, especially with all the revenue I was generating after renovating most of the shops from an early point in the game. :-D

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy on reality

"What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto on secret doors to another world2

board icon
Author: Suskie
Posted: October 02, 2012 (12:59 PM)

I wonder if you'd have liked Brotherhood more (and Revelations less) if you'd been there to experience the multiplayer when it was brand new.

You exist because we allow it. And you will end because we demand it.

board icon
Posted: October 02, 2012 (01:08 PM)

I liked Ezio's story and the city environments and various gameplay elements less in Brotherhood, no matter what. For instance, the required stealth segments in Brotherhood were significantly more frustrating than anything in Revelations. The multiplayer in Revelations also seems to offer a lot more (from what I could tell). So I'm thinking the answer is "probably not," but there's no way now to be entirely certain.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy on reality

"What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto on secret doors to another world2

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: October 02, 2012 (05:13 PM)

Multiplayer is a funny thing. For some people it really makes (or breaks) a game and for other people, like me, multiplayer is like the toothpick on the swiss army knife—I never use it.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Posted: October 02, 2012 (05:40 PM)

I love good multiplayer, but I ultimately don't have much time for it. I could probably play Call of Duty for weeks online, but when each new game arrives, I usually spend a few hours on the campaign and a few more on multiplayer and then I have to move on to something else. Strong multiplayer elements are great for people who will only pick up 3 or 4 games each year, but for someone who picks up that many during some months... not so much. In general, I'm much more concerned with the single-player elements. I want a strong campaign that's awesome throughout its duration and knows when to quit. ;-)

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: October 02, 2012 (11:29 PM)

Well said! I like the phrase "knows when to quit." The reality of my life means that I do want a game with an ending (preferably a powerful one). I'm okay with single player games whose side quests and missions can give me over 200 hours of gameplay, but for a multiplayer experience I always feel like the perpetual newbie. Years of gaming generally keep me mid-tier, but being able to only play a couple dozen multiplayer matchs each month keeps me from getting good to the point where things really start to become fun.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.