Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > [News] Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes gameplay video is as impressive as it is in your head

This thread is in response to an article about Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes on the PlayStation 3. You are encouraged to view the article in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: September 03, 2012 (12:49 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

So you'd have to play Peace Walker to understand what's going on in this one? Regardless, it looks like a lot of fun and possibly headed back to the stealthy roots of the series, though there's too little gameplay to really tell. At least doing prequels they aren't beholden to hours of exposition to explain everything like they did in 2 and 4.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Author: Roto13
Posted: September 03, 2012 (01:41 PM)

Well, this is still a follow-up to three games. You'll probably be ok just reading a synopsis of Peace Walker, which will probably be included in the game the same way the stories of Metal Gear 1 and 2 were in Metal Gear Solid 1. Peace Walker isn't really that story heavy. (No 30-minute cutscenes.)

It's totally worth playing, though.

---

board icon
Author: joseph_valencia
Posted: September 03, 2012 (02:09 PM)

Yeah, I picked up the MGS HD collection last week and "Peace Walker" is easily the best MGS game to date. It seems all the really good MGS games have Big Boss as the protagonist, so "Ground Zeroes" is already off to a good start.

JOSEPH VALENCIA was able to build this sig IN A CAVE…… WITH A BOX OF SCRAPS!!

board icon
Posted: September 03, 2012 (07:39 PM)

I think it's because they have a simpler time line to adhere to and less plot points. I've been meaning to play Peace Walker. I kind've avoided it because my friends said the best thing about it was the multiplayer, which I was only somewhat interested in. But it sounds like that may have been a false telling.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Author: dementedhut
Posted: September 03, 2012 (07:53 PM)

The multiplayer versus mode in Peace Walker is garbage. Very, very simple and small maps, and because of that you get horrible respawns.

But multiplayer co-op, that's what makes Peace Walker entertaining to play! Going through the game's missions with your buddies is a pretty fun experience.

I consider MGS3:S the best Solid title, but Peace Walker is still a pretty good addition to the series. Pretty lame how they replaced MGS3's knife with a shock rod, though.

I head spaceshit noises.

board icon
Author: Roto13
Posted: September 03, 2012 (08:03 PM)

To keep the cero rating down. :P Peace Walker is only rated T by the ESRB, even.

---

board icon
Author: dementedhut
Posted: September 03, 2012 (08:11 PM)

Yeah, but stabbing and slicing throats was so much fun in MGS3! Now I'm just poking people with my naughty stick. ;_;

I head spaceshit noises.

board icon
Posted: September 03, 2012 (11:17 PM)

Ah ha ha! That is kind've lame, though hardly enough to ruin an experience for anyone, right? Funny that Metal Gear, of all franchises, was interested in getting a teen or lower rating.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.