Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > holdthephone's Diablo III review

This thread is in response to a review for Diablo III on the PC. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: JoeTheDestroyer (Mod)
Posted: June 16, 2012 (08:18 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Whew! I need a smoke after this one.

Great review, htp. I liked that you dismantled this game without saying, "Hurr, its dum becuz all u do iz cliq enemeis to deth, durr." I think you're right about games like this. It's all about what's fun to kill.

The only thing my milkshake brings to the yard is a subpoena.

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: June 16, 2012 (09:32 PM)

Nice one, HTP! I agree that you nailed it: crawlers are all about the satisfaction of a kill. I actually think the same applies to RTS games, which was one thing I found immensely fun about Starcraft II. With it's improved graphics engine, it was possible to get true armies of guys duking it out on the battlefield, all of them cursing and yelling at each other. And then you bring in the Protoss mothership... ah, sigh.

I digress.

This is one of the more unique Diablo III reviews I've read and my favorite. It doesn't get caught up on the DRM or server issues but neither does it gush over a game that, from all I've heard, really isn't that special. You give Diablo III a chance to prove itself and when it doesn't, you are fair about why that is. Great opening and ending... really a classy review!

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Author: bbbmoney
Posted: June 17, 2012 (05:18 PM)

thanks guys!

And I agree with the SC2 comparison, though I think you'd be surprised how masterful broodwar handled this concept as well. Lurker spikes into a platoon of Medics and Marines has to be the most gratifying moment in RTS gaming, lol.

Mobius 1, engage...

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.