Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > mrshotgun's Beyond Good & Evil review

This thread is in response to a review for Beyond Good & Evil on the PlayStation 2. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: JoeTheDestroyer (Mod)
Posted: June 02, 2012 (02:35 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

How come the "overall score" says 8.2/10, but the official score is 5/10?

The only thing my milkshake brings to the yard is a subpoena.

board icon
Author: jerec
Posted: June 02, 2012 (05:29 PM)

I blame EmP.

I can avoid death by not having a life.

board icon
Posted: June 02, 2012 (09:55 PM)

Seems like the right person to blame. Yeah, we'll go with that.

board icon
Author: wolfqueen001
Posted: June 03, 2012 (09:26 AM)

Once there was a time in HG history where you could score games to the tenth decimal.

[Eating EmP's brain] probably isn't a good idea. I mean... He's British, which means his brain's wired for PAL and your eyes are NTSC. - Will

board icon
Posted: June 03, 2012 (02:44 PM)

Right, but his score in the review doesn't reflect the official score. One is 8.2, the other is 5.

board icon
Author: jerec
Posted: June 03, 2012 (06:23 PM)

[slightly defensive statement that doesn't actually answer the question]

I can avoid death by not having a life.

board icon
Author: wolfqueen001
Posted: June 03, 2012 (06:38 PM)

Beats the shit out of me then.

[Eating EmP's brain] probably isn't a good idea. I mean... He's British, which means his brain's wired for PAL and your eyes are NTSC. - Will

board icon
Author: honestgamer
Posted: June 03, 2012 (07:03 PM)

There's just no way to know, Joe. MrShotgun wasn't an active member of the community for long. If memory serves, he came here as part of the GameSpot reviewer union--now disbanded, I believe--and ported over a number of his reviews (or had someone do so on his behalf). The most likely scenario is that he filled out the form and neglected to update his rating from the default (5) before submitting. Then no one caught it. Or something else may have happened since, or maybe his idea of the game's value changed and the score reflects his opinion, not the number in the text. It's guesswork at this point.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy on reality

"What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto on secret doors to another world2

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.