Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > Masters's Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City review

This thread is in response to a review for Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City on the PlayStation 3. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: March 23, 2012 (12:30 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

I almost feel like Capcom is making bad zombie games on purpose just so they can point to a bunch of evidence and say "see?! we told you no one likes survival horror any more. Every time we go back to making classic zombies the enemies, everyone complains. Now let us go make another action game involving militant africans."

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Author: Roto13
Posted: March 23, 2012 (01:26 PM)

Zombies aren't really any more creepy than the manjinis or whatever they're called in RE5. Operation Racccoon City is also significantly less survival horror than modern mainline RE games.

---

board icon
Author: wolfqueen001
Posted: March 23, 2012 (07:05 PM)

Great review, Marc. I hate this game already and I haven't even played it! Man, that's disappointing to read how bad this one is.

[Eating EmP's brain] probably isn't a good idea. I mean... He's British, which means his brain's wired for PAL and your eyes are NTSC. - Will

board icon
Posted: March 23, 2012 (11:37 PM)

Majinis are far less creepy than zombies. And zombies are far less creepy than Police Chief Irons.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Author: Sise-Neg
Posted: March 24, 2012 (07:58 AM)

You know what upset me about ORC as well - not only did they put the movie version of Nemesis by having him controlled by a computer and giving him a potato head and a gatling gun in the beginning, but they butchered his voice. It's even worse than the voice they gave him in Umbrella Chronicles.

Look at 9:00 to hear what I'm talking about. It's painful to hear him say "STARS".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Za7M7rLBno&list=PLA915B207CE84FA45&index=9&feature=plpp_video

Everything begins and ends with Sise-Neg!

board icon
Author: Masters (Mod)
Posted: March 24, 2012 (09:20 AM)

Yes, the way they handled the RE2/3 guys was brutal. Nemesis aside, your encounters with Claire and Leon are ridiculous. Leon, not particularly interested in taking cover, shoots at you from above. If you hit him about five times in the face with the highest powered rifle in the game, he will calmly walk away. Really? There was so much that went wrong here.

I don't have to prove I'm refined - that's what makes me refined!

board icon
Posted: March 24, 2012 (10:00 AM)

Ouch. He should have said "hyuk" after STARS.

board icon
Author: overdrive (Mod)
Posted: March 25, 2012 (07:15 AM)

Majinis are far less creepy than zombies. And zombies are far less creepy than Police Chief Irons.

EVERYTHING is less creepy than Police Chief Irons.

I'm not afraid to die because I am invincible
Viva la muerte, that's my goddamn principle

board icon
Posted: March 25, 2012 (12:13 PM)

"To think that taxidermy used to be my hobby... sigh...."

Psychic vampires with sunglasses and little sexual twins with ant fetishes still couldn't beat out the creep factor of Irons. Who designs a police station like that?!

board icon
Author: Masters (Mod)
Posted: March 26, 2012 (07:11 AM)

I missed your message the first time 'round, Leslie--thanks.

I don't have to prove I'm refined - that's what makes me refined!

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.