Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > fleinn's Moonstone review

This thread is in response to a review for Moonstone on the Amiga. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: JoeTheDestroyer (Mod)
Posted: February 28, 2011 (03:58 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Two things:

1) This is a great, passionate review. Great job, fleinn!

2) I noticed that this hasn't been added to the list of featured reviews yet, though it won the last RotW.

The only thing my milkshake brings to the yard is a subpoena.

board icon
Author: fleinn
Posted: March 01, 2011 (10:46 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

:D haha. Thanks. I don't know.. I played this game the first time at a friend's house.. His brother had an a500 (with extra bogo-ram), and we stole some time with it. I'm not entirely sure how old I was, but I remember being physically shaken when that monster in the swamp attacked.

Ten years later or something like that, I dug up my own A500 from a closet.. pulled out the floppy-discs, found Moonstone.. Booted it up, smiled. Whacked some ratmen. And then the same damned monster scared the crap out of me.

So yeah.. it's a game that made a real impression on me. But it's also an extremely well made game. Not just the graphics and the sound-effects, but the way the design succeeds in using the abstractions to tell a story. Like shadow-theatre, or Chinese puppets for example - they're extremely expressive in spite of (and sometimes because of) the limited breadth of expression.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.