Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > Roto13's Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable review

This thread is in response to a review for Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable on the PSP. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: aschultz
Posted: July 29, 2010 (04:00 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Persona 3 has a pretty interesting premise that differs from what you'd typically see in a JRPG. I'd say the premise is VERY interesting and doesn't need to be qualified. Your description can let it fly. And I think this is very sensible and well put together. And if it doesn't get RotW mention it is probably because I found more reviews engaging. This does what a review should do. And while I felt more like "this is a good solid game" than amazed by the end, that's probably due to taste.

I also liked this: "should have been included here: a quick save option. There isn't one and that's disappointing. When will PSP developers learn?" This isn't snarky or whiny and seems right--the game does a lot of things right except for maybe a big one.

I too hope to read more from you.

My principal said, 'Emo, Emo, Emo.'
I said 'I'm the one in the middle, you lousy drunk!'
-- Emo Phillips

board icon
Author: CoarseDragon
Posted: July 30, 2010 (02:41 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Nicely done however I wonder why you did not mention the female protagonist being added to the game (Persona 3 having only the male protagonist). It is a pretty big thing.

Age is a condition not a state of mind.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.