Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > EmP's Mass Effect review

This thread is in response to a review for Mass Effect on the Xbox 360. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: Felix_Arabia
Posted: June 09, 2008 (01:32 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

"This review lacks passion."

I don't have to boost my review resume because I have a real resume.

board icon
Author: EmP (Mod)
Posted: June 09, 2008 (01:42 PM)

;_;

For us. For them. For you.

board icon
Posted: June 09, 2008 (01:43 PM)

board icon
Author: drella
Posted: June 09, 2008 (03:30 PM)

This review is from March; the topic was for May reviews.

Maybe Venter should make site report card feedback anonymous if answering with honesty results in this bullshit. You're two of the last guys who's feathers I thought would be ruffled.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: EmP (Mod)
Posted: June 09, 2008 (03:49 PM)

We're only playing, old chum. I've been nagging Felix for a feedback topic on Mass Effect ever since it sat rotting at the very bottom of my hit counter. Even bloody Hurry Up Hedgehog commands more reads.

For us. For them. For you.

board icon
Posted: June 09, 2008 (06:17 PM)

Sorry Leroux, but we honestly weren't referring to anything you said about the report card or anything else for that matter. I understand why you misunderstood my comment to be a shot at you, but I assure you that it isn't.

board icon
Posted: June 09, 2008 (06:34 PM)

Now for some serious feedback.

EmP, this review didn't rip my nuts off. But it should have.

Obviously this is one giant game that spans across a galaxy and there's all sorts of things to see and do. So you definitely have a lot of material to work with. Because of that, I think that worked a little as a detriment here. The 'but before that' convention just showed me that there was even more stuff to talk about. As someone who has played literally 2 hours of Mass Effect (though I want to play much, much more), the whole backtracking element left me a little confused in how you convey events.

I know you love the game, and the review is fine and all, but it's not one of my personal favorites of yours and I blame this on all the material dangling at your fingertips. I'm sure someone will disagree with me, and that's fine.

board icon
Author: wolfqueen001
Posted: June 10, 2008 (07:41 AM)

Haha. Way to go, Felix - EmP never uses emoticons anymore. Last time I saw him use one around me was back in October when he was looking over my Half Life review.

Anyway, I think I told him what I thought about this review ages ago when he first wrote it.

I liked it, but I also admitted to being a bit confused at times as well. MOstly with all the names he threw at us, though. I think I also told him that the whole "before that" sequence might not do him any favors in the eyes of some, but it still had a point. He did a good job of describing everything (well, mostly everything) in such a manner that it kept me interested, even where I was confused. I think I liked the part with the mutants or whatever the most.

E: I can tell you why your Mass Effect review is at the bottom of your hit counter, though, and it doesn't necessarily have to do with lack feedback topics. It's because it's a mainstream title with like 8999990000 other reviews on it already, and thus will not grow very fast even if you are on staff (if you didn't know this already). Look at my Half Life and Resident Evil 4 reviews, for crying out loud. The former's barely broke 150 and the latter's barely under it (150, I mean).

[Eating EmP's brain] probably isn't a good idea. I mean... He's British, which means his brain's wired for PAL and your eyes are NTSC. - Will

board icon
Author: overdrive (Mod)
Posted: June 10, 2008 (08:46 AM)

My Resident Evil 4 review has over 240 hits and has only been up for about a week and a half!

I RULE!!

Now, back to your regularly scheduled discussion.

I'm not afraid to die because I am invincible
Viva la muerte, that's my goddamn principle

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.