You are not signed into a user account. Please return to this page once you are signed into your free account for additional options.
Title: A Shrek movie is fast approaching
Posted: May 05, 2007 (08:50 PM)
...make sure to show your support by not supporting any video games based off of it. That is all.
Posted: April 29, 2007 (10:27 AM)
Y'know, those bags of assorted things like rye chips and sesame crunchers? They shrunk the pretzels! How could they blaspheme their product like that...
Title: Tactics Ogre Gaiden Wants YOU for the GBArmy!
Posted: April 09, 2007 (03:06 AM)
...is awesome, and here's the Top 8 Reasons Why You Should Buy It Pronto.
01) EMBLEMS. Feats in battle earn these little buggers, which range to increasing stats to earning new classes. It's a change-up from the normal job class schtick that has using Job A for awhile to earn Job B. Get outta here! Did I mention you can permanently mess up and not get access? Don't let your femme kill too many dragons or she'll never be a Dragon Tamer, bro! Wanna rush into battle and lose most of your HP? Well, the Don Quixote emblem commends your lack of intelligence! All-around good fun, with even monsters getting in on the action.
02) TACTICAL WARFARE. Yeah, so it's another grid-like, move-the-units-around strategy game. What about it? It _nearly_ pulls it off with enough nonpareil to give any competitors the boot. The only problem is that battles can take decade to play and some spells experience lag , while some of the nuanced parts don't (seem to) amount to much in battle. Going around killing everything with an Anbicion's a lot easier than worrying about elemental alignment and the terrain types.
03) GOOMBAS. Just kidding -- those have been extinct for thousands of years. In their place are the hordes of enemies who often have the upper hand in terrain, level, equipment, and overall attack. Some levels are impossible to beat without the right setup (s'up Gryllus Forest?), and some just throw a huge curveball of difficulty, like Ostorea Castle West.
04) SIDEQUESTIN'. Finding buried treasure in battlefield panels, to taking Quest Mode for a test drive and getting rare equips outside of Story Mode, it's all terrific mass-murdering. There are even some special characters that can only be obtained at certain times -- wanna rescue that crappy fairy early on? BZZT. She comes with a Ripple's Staff later on that contains the most powerful Virtue spell inside. Speaking of which...
05) SPLIT-PATH PLOT. Man, these have got to be the greatest ways to operate when done right. Early on, the game veers onto one of two paths, giving radically new allies/enemies and unique items. That friend you used to hang out with may before the split may want to stab you in the face next time you meet...
06) NO COMPETITION. I already talked about it earlier, but really, whatcha going to play on the GBA to fill those visceral, head-choppin' instincts? FFTA and its child-friendly mooglets? Zone of the Enders' un-difficult everything? Super Robot Taisen's difficult everything? No matter how many games go up against it, it's the third bowl of porridge every time. (PS: Super Robot Taisen games're ultra-hard. ;-;)
07) MULTIPLE ENDINGS. Are you braindead and forget to prepare for the last battle? You can get the bad ending straight away! Might you be Sir Knight, Slayer of Evil and Ultra-quick Player-througher? You can get the A+ Ending which merits the alacrity with which thou's hast sent thy enemies spinning.
08) HUMANS ARE DUMB, so you might just be able to find some dude's pawned it off in order to buy a Mega Slurpie. Emulation is fine as well, and it's decently priced on amazon.com, too! Only one out of every 100 people sells the game, so capitalize on their defectiveness!
Title: St00pid technology...
Posted: April 07, 2007 (08:29 PM)
I uninstalled Word accidentally and now the fourth chapter of the fanfic I've been working on for two years is MIA. Wonder where that dang disc is...
Title: X-Zone of the Enderz
Posted: March 29, 2007 (12:59 AM)
I'm playing "The Fist of Mars" for the GBA and it's awesome. It's like Advance Wars without boring costs and creation, but has mechs and battling that's sorta like the Xeno series. A little Evangelion-ish storyline and it's pretty dang good for a strategy game. Of course, the whole "evade every attack by rotating reticle in circles" thing is a bit cheap, but if youz got the skillz...
Title: Arc the Lad 2 Day
Posted: March 10, 2007 (10:15 AM)
Putting off Chrono Cross and Legend of Dragoon again, I'll be doing this one instead. I mean, I waited for four years to get Arc the Lad Collection and now it's been rotting since January! Very FFT-ish just without 3D isometrics...should be interesting indeed.
I THINK WE'RE GONNA NEED A BIGGER BOATL2.txt!
Title: FF IXzzz
Posted: February 26, 2007 (03:24 PM)
I decided to write for this game instead of Legend of Dragoon. There's so much crap going on, with shop lists, sidequests, ATEs, searching town for items...no wonder lots of FAQs look so fractured or 'forget' to cover stuff.
But this is something I must do. Kind of like how Robert de Niro carried a huge sack of Spanish-brand armor up a mountain in 'The Mission' as his penance to God.
Title: Legend of Dragoon.......................YAY
Posted: February 21, 2007 (10:48 AM)
Just finished writing for Grandia II. I think I might write up for one of my good PSX (which is the only kind I like playing, really) RPGS: Legend of Dragoon! Can I get a what-what about the game, its great music, its cool additions, and flying girls with huge hammers?
Hammers aren't as good as axes, but they'll do. <3
Title: Grit + Your Face = In
Posted: February 11, 2007 (07:54 AM)
What, you wanna fight about it? V for victory, sucka!
Title: Grandia II is the Bomb
Posted: February 08, 2007 (04:13 AM)
..the "Impact Bomb" that is! Nyuk-nyuk.
1) Great voice acting
2) Witty/humorous script
3) Not-that-trite characterization
4) Lead character has a pet eagle
5) Monsters can be avoided visually on the field
6) Allies can cancel enemy attacks, and vice versa
7) Battling has oft-seamless FMV segues/mingling
8) A character uses TWO chakrams as weapons
10) Avoids series sophomore slump
But why must every RPG have a scene where the naive ally calls so-and-so Mr/Mrs. and that person takes offense and makes them knock it off? It's a title of respect, people!
Title: And They're Off
Posted: January 29, 2007 (07:43 AM)
San Francisco Rush (N64) is the best racing game of all time. Keep your mechanics and simulation, Gran Turismo series, and give me death races and hairpin turns that I can't help exploding upon.
Title: Holy crap!
Posted: January 19, 2007 (03:12 PM)
They're making a "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly" game. My favorite movie of all time! My favorite genre of all time! My favorite acronym of all time!
It's, like, I won the Kentucky Derby!
Title: +1 Post of Destiny Appears!
Posted: January 18, 2007 (04:51 PM)