Welcome to my page. Leave me a comment and if you need a custom banner, avatar or forum signature, let me know and I'll gladly whip something up.
Title: Things I've noticed playing Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (XLA) Posted: March 23, 2007 (11:19 AM)
I've been playing TMNT almost non-stop since it came out on XLA. The only achievement I have yet to unlock is Turtle Soup, which requires you to defeat the Shredder without getting turned into a regular turtle. What pisses me off is that I've already pulled this off but didn't get the achievement due to what I'm guessing is a glitch. But that's not the point. Having gone through the game as many times as I have in the past week, I've noticed some things that are quite...odd.
1) Since when can Shredder clone himself and shoot lightning that turns our heroes into regular turtles? I don't remember seeing that in the cartoon, do you?
2) Why can't any of the turtles just hit Krang directly and get it over with instead of going up against his robot? He's right there, in the middle. All you need to do is stab him once and BAM. Dead, but nooooo. We need to go through this long and tedious boss fight, only for him to get away when the turtles are STANDING RIGHT THERE IN FRONT OF HIM. They don't even flinch. They just watch him get away...slowly. You know he's going to be back and fuck shit up for you, so why wouldn't you just knock his ass out of the air? Sigh.
3) Why is it that a handful of Mousers can capture Master Splinter? Splinter is the one who TRAINED the turtles! He's the one who defeated Shredder at the end of the first movie! You're telling me with all that ass kicking experience, he gets carried off my robotic dog-things that explode with one hit?
Splinter. Kicking ass and taking names...unless you're a tiny robotic mouse thing.
4) After defeating that first rock boss, Splinter just magically unties himself. Couldn't his cheddar loving ass have done that BEFORE and helped us defeat that bastard of a boss? Guess not.
5) After you rescue Splinter, you clearly see the turtles standing IN FRONT of the technodrome and one of them says "There it is!". After all this, WHY is the next area called "We have to find the technodrome!"???. Not only that, but the actual area IS INSIDE the technodrome! What's there to find? You're INSIDE the damn place.
6) Someone let Bush know I found the weapons of mass destruction. They're in TMNT. Where the hell did the Foot Ninja get BOMBS? Yes, that's right, BOMBS. Big, yellow, nuke-like bombs that they just toss at you. Not only that, but missile launching helicopters in that merciless, unforgiving skateboard level.
Yeah, I know it's just a videogame and, even at that, one from the late 80s. But you just can't help but wonder what they were thinking.
User: Felix_Arabia Title: Posted: March 23, 2007 (12:34 PM)
Interesting points you bring up. I think you should write a review.
User: sansname Title: Posted: March 23, 2007 (12:53 PM)
I did, actually. It's currently locked and awaiting a critique, as I requested one.
By the way, your avatar is too dark to tell but is it art by Alex Grey or maybe Tool's new album cover? (They're one and the same, but yeah)
User: Felix_Arabia Title: Posted: March 23, 2007 (01:25 PM)
Yeah, it's the 10,000 Days album cover. I've had it as my avatar since when the album first came out. I like the way it looks.
Opinions expressed in this blog represent the opinions of those expressing them and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of site staff, users and/or sponsors. Unless otherwise stated, content above belongs to its copyright holders and may not be reproduced without express written permission.