Welcome to my blog. Here, you may read all of my reviews. That will take a good deal of time, as I have penned quite a large number of them. I advise you to start now. And don't forget, constantly offer me praise concerning how great I am at doing what I do!
Title: I'll tell ya something..... Posted: February 01, 2006 (07:39 PM)
.....I prefer my RPGs to be dungeon/battle oriented because I'm old-school.....but I have to admit Suikoden III exhibits the perfect way to take things in the opposite direction.
Plotwise, it's the best RPG I've ever played. Overall, it's prolly an 8 or so.....I love the story, but....sometimes, the getting from one plot point to the next is tedious....do we really have to fight so many spiders, beetles and wild boars on our way to.....you know....circumvent this major war about to go down....????
User: lasthero Title: Posted: February 02, 2006 (07:07 AM)
Suikoden III is one my favorites, too.
By the way, Overdrive, if you don't mention Chris and her awesome manly womanness at least once in your review, I will hate you forever.
User: overdrive Title: Posted: February 03, 2006 (06:11 PM)
I might have to, just because out of her squad of armor-clad knights, as the only female, she's likely tied for second as far as manliness goes.
1. Leo: He's built like a tank. And has quite the manly mustache.
2. Tie: Percival and Chris. Percival gets put up there with her just cuz the dude's smooth. I feel like a complete dork saying this, but this game does such a great job defining characters that it's easy for me to pick out the subtle little things he does (like when Thomas' crew tells Leo and he they're not leaving and Leo looks about to explode.....the camera pans to the side where Percival's simply chuckling at the situation before taking control and leading Leo away before he blows a gasket. And Chris is as manly as anyone with a sweet rack that I know. Well, actually moreso, as none of the hotties I know does the stuff she does in battle......I was born in the wrong era....and reality....
4. Roland: It's a sad day when an ELVEN ARCHER is considered even semi-manly, but his detached arrogance when dealing with folks he deems as lessers is pretty cool.
5. Louis: Yeah, he's a little kid. But he gets to hang out with Chris all the time as her personal servant. Give him a couple of years and he'll be using that status to bang all the peasant girls who adore her! Or at least I would in his position!!!!
6. Salome: When he starts talking, I think "neutered". "Nuff said.
7. Borus: He's great in battle and all, but he just makes me think of a teenage girl off her med and on her period. All he does is whine and act frustrated. It's like....."Dude....if you ask nice, Chris will let you have your My Pretty Pony collection back....get a grip!!!!"
User: draqq_zyxx Title: Posted: February 06, 2006 (12:44 AM)
Could you tell that I like Suikoden III? Jimba has been on my desktop wallpaper for a year now. Both surprised and relieved that he didn't make your manly list.
Anyway, I give Suikoden III a 9. I'm a sucker for any RPG that actually attempts to play with the storyline and executes it well. I felt that the three two-pair combat system was interesting but flawed, and was particularly lacking in the magic department. And the graphics are very ho-hum. But at least, the game shows again that there is room for innovation in RPGs.
User: overdrive Title: Posted: February 06, 2006 (01:28 PM)
Nothing against Jimba.....I was just rating Chris' collection of knights she plays through a good deal of her Trinity part with.....they're an intriging bunch, especially since they take advantage of Chris' lengthy absences from some or all of them to pop up everywhere in neutral or antagonistic roles in Hugo's and Geddoe's chapters.
User: johnny_cairo Title: Posted: February 17, 2006 (07:27 PM)
Is your avatar supposed to be the one of Hitler's head exploding after he says "ACHTUNG"?
Opinions expressed in this blog represent the opinions of those expressing them and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of site staff, users and/or sponsors. Unless otherwise stated, content above belongs to its copyright holders and may not be reproduced without express written permission.