Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > zippdementia's Way of the Samurai review

This thread is in response to a review for Way of the Samurai on the PlayStation 2. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: darketernal
Posted: January 21, 2009 (08:08 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Nice review, though honestly, for a 4/10 game you would have made me want to play it with a description, since it sounds so very different. I actually played it before and enjoyed the game, though yes, it's got a steep learning curve, but once you get the right blades little can stand in your way. All you need to do is survive until then.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: January 21, 2009 (10:47 AM)

Actually, what I found was that while I could survive with the right blades for a good while, eventually something would go wrong and I would die and LOSE ALL MY EXCELLENT BLADES AND HAVE TO START FROM ZERO!!!!

AGH!

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Author: randxian
Posted: July 09, 2009 (10:02 PM)

This is excellent. Using your personal experiences really helped illustrate all the problems with this game. I now know to stay the hell away from this game.

And I hate those games where it advertises glorious specials moves if you time the block button perfectly. As you said, those are more random luck than anything else. There is no way anyone is that fast.

I CAN HAS CHEEZBURGER?

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: July 10, 2009 (01:34 AM)

This is a game which tries to let the player create their own story. I've given you the story I created. The freedom of movement and decision was stymied greatly by the lack of freedom in being able to actually defeat anyone. Glad I got that across, thanks for reading and commenting!

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.