Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > Felix_Arabia's Cadillacs & Dinosaurs review

This thread is in response to an article about on the . You are encouraged to view the article in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: December 25, 2008 (03:04 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

A decent piece, though it lacks both your usual flair and your usual focus. This review is more of a general "this game got style" review, though I got confused a lot during it.

The biggest confusion came from the "Cadilac" bit. It seems like there's some mechanic I'm missing here. You mention something about driving and maniacs, but you never really explain where the cars come in.

Then there's little things, like this paragraph here:

"The nefarious Dr. Fessenden is a far greater threat. He has managed to abstract a prehistoric power that, upon utilization, turns men into scaly, fire-spewing monstrosities. He employs an army of fist-fighting dorks. Wily foes, consisting of scrawny punks, leather-jacket donning dweebs, and fat freaks defend every inch of the screen. Where do these guys shop for clothes?"

This bit is confusing because it starts by praising a villain (he's a far greater threat) but then ends up saying he has dorky minions (which is an insult, really). Furthermore, you say in one sentence the minions are dorky, and in the next call them wily, then in that SAME sentence, call them dorks again. This constant switching of positions muddles the point you are trying to make (whatever that may be).

Anyways, hope that was helpful. I really do like your work, especially your latest PoP review, so I was kind've surprised to be so dismayed by this one. Er, maybe dismayed is too strong a word?

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Author: Felix_Arabia
Posted: December 25, 2008 (07:26 AM)

Dorks can be wily. Look at pickhut.

I don't have to boost my review resume because I have a real resume.

board icon
Author: dementedhut
Posted: December 25, 2008 (10:08 AM)

I learn from the best.

I head spaceshit noises.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.