Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > bigcj34's Half-Life: Opposing Force review

This thread is in response to a review for Half-Life: Opposing Force on the PC. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: dagoss
Posted: December 06, 2008 (05:54 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

You forgot the best part: one of the guns is a freaking fish that shoots explosive eggs.

Anyone that doesn't play this game knowing that information is a fool.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: bigcj34
Posted: December 06, 2008 (08:24 AM)

OK, I actually forgot that. TBH this is just a rewrite of my Opposing Force review two years back and haven't played the game since. The crappy original is on GameFAQ's, those days before I joined HG and still stuck to the FAQ's standard layout.

There three types of people in this world: those who can count, and those who can't.

board icon
Author: wolfqueen001
Posted: December 06, 2008 (10:13 AM)

This is an interesting review. I played maybe ten minutes of OF once. I liked it, but this was on a friend's computer, so there was no real way for me to actually play it myself. Are the Black Ops assaults you refer to those assassins (which you only fight like 5 of in the original)? I hate those guys...

You might want to do more editing, though, because I found a few awkward things. I'll just send them through HG mail since the stuff I found got a bit long.

[Eating EmP's brain] probably isn't a good idea. I mean... He's British, which means his brain's wired for PAL and your eyes are NTSC. - Will

board icon
Posted: December 06, 2008 (11:27 AM)

Aye, thanks veyr much for those. It takes a lot of personal proofreads before I'm happy, but I can at times be a bit too hasty to post. I'll get on to them. :)

EDIT: Done now. I don'tmind people being fussy over grammer, no use having a review plagued with grammatical errors that can easily be ironed out. Good shout wolfie!

There three types of people in this world: those who can count, and those who can't.

board icon
Posted: December 06, 2008 (11:44 AM)

Those Black Ops guys, um they're like ninja stealth suiters who are drssed in black. They may be, there might have eben some in the original but I don't know.

board icon
Author: wolfqueen001
Posted: December 06, 2008 (12:12 PM)

Heheh. No problem. Yeah, that reads better now. Though now you have an HTML error in the last paragraph. Ended up italicizing the whole thing instead of just "Opposing Force".

And I don't know... maybe the black ops people you're talking about are different. The ones I'm thinking of are ninja-esque, but they're also really fast and jump really high and you can't effectively hit them or kill them unless you make them trip on a laser mine or something.

[Eating EmP's brain] probably isn't a good idea. I mean... He's British, which means his brain's wired for PAL and your eyes are NTSC. - Will

board icon
Posted: December 06, 2008 (04:38 PM)

Bugger. I'll sort that out. But yeh, that sure sounds like them.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.