Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > Felix_Arabia's Fallout 3 review

This thread is in response to an article about on the . You are encouraged to view the article in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: Lewis
Posted: November 30, 2008 (02:14 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Absolutely wonderful review and, after the ending took a tiny bit of gloss away from the experience, one that's reminded me of just how incredible this title is. It's probabably the most exciting, enthralling, liberating game I've played since Deus Ex. I love it. It's a spectacular achievement. Why aren't developers making more stuff like this?

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: Felix_Arabia
Posted: November 30, 2008 (02:34 PM)

Thanks, Lewis. I read somewhere that Bethesda began working on Fallout 3 in 2004, but didn't really start focusing on it until after Oblivion came out, which I think was sometime in early 2006. Given that long period of time, I think it's pretty clear why more companies don't undertake such projects. I can only imagine the amount of planning that went into creating a game like this and since Bethesda has had a lot of experience making games of this nature, where as most developers haven't, I think that's why we see so few games as open-ended and immersive. It basically boils down to resources, experience, and imagination, as I see it.

I don't have to boost my review resume because I have a real resume.

board icon
Author: overdrive (Mod)
Posted: November 30, 2008 (03:08 PM)

Really liked this review. If I ever scrape the cash together to get a new system (which actually might not be that far in the future), this looks like a must-get game.

I'm not afraid to die because I am invincible
Viva la muerte, that's my goddamn principle

board icon
Author: wolfqueen001
Posted: November 30, 2008 (03:21 PM)

Yeah. This was a really good review. I enjoy games that give you as much freedom as this one sounds like it does. I mean, I like the Elder Scrolls series (well, the games I've played in it), and I've always been interested in this series, too, even if I've never actually gotten around to playing them yet. To me, it's the expansive world and the way your actions affect outcomes that lure me to these sorts of games, and reading various examples where these things happen is always interesting.

Combat sounds nifty, too. A lot different than I thought it would be.

Anyway, I think I caught a mistake. Mayben not, though.

just as you can break past locks bobby pins

I think you need "with" in there somewhere.

[Eating EmP's brain] probably isn't a good idea. I mean... He's British, which means his brain's wired for PAL and your eyes are NTSC. - Will

board icon
Author: disco1960
Posted: November 30, 2008 (10:07 PM)

I can't stop playing it either!

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.