Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > bigcj34's Guitar Hero: On Tour review

This thread is in response to a review for Guitar Hero: On Tour on the DS. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: wolfqueen001
Posted: November 25, 2008 (08:41 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Yay. I'm glad you finally came back to us, at least for a little bit anyway.

Anyhow, this review was very informative and detailed in its descriptions, which is great, but it's not really presented in an interesting manner. It's still good; I just found myself having to reread stuff because I found myself spacing off in places and such. You might also want to proof again for sentences that can be cut down a bit. You don't really have any grammatical issus, per se, but there are some things that could be shortened up or said better. Like this for example:

The tracks on offer are mostly that found on console versions

"The offered tracks are mostly found" or something similar would sound better.

Anyway, this was still decent, and I commend you for reviewing a DS Guitar Hero game and comparing it to the consoles in the rather detailed manner you did. I rather enjoyed the bit about the new things the DS tried to incorporate. It's also interesting that the "fretboard" doesn't actually hinder the experience as much (aside from the things you mention). Granted, it's not something I'd still be interested in. A portable Guitar Hero I think would be too small for me to handle, not least because I'd barely be able to see what I'm doing, but it's good to know for people who would be interested.

I hope you stick around some more. I know you explained over on GFs that you're a bit busy with studying abroad or whatever you're doing, but it's still nice to have you around.

[Eating EmP's brain] probably isn't a good idea. I mean... He's British, which means his brain's wired for PAL and your eyes are NTSC. - Will

board icon
Author: bigcj34
Posted: November 26, 2008 (02:40 AM)

Thanks for the feedback, although I'm unsure what you meant by it "not being presented in an interesting manner." However, you can expect some more reviews from me in the next few days, some new reviews plus some old ones from GameFAQ's I'm going to revamp as well. Just for you guys!

There three types of people in this world: those who can count, and those who can't.

board icon
Author: wolfqueen001
Posted: November 26, 2008 (08:16 AM)

Heh. Sure. Well... what I criticized is kind of hard to explain, and it may just be my impression on the matter anyway, but what I meant was that the writing maybe felt a little dry in places, thus making the review perhaps a bit less entertaining for it. However, your approach was fairly analytical anyhow, and so balancing that with entertainment is always difficult. I think I criticized Lewis for the same thing some time ago, but he's getting really good at balancing the two now, I think.

Anyway, it doesn't matter that much with this particular review because it still does its job fairly well in explaining the differences between this version and the console ones, as well as describing what pluses the DS version has over the others. Also, I'd imagine this game (or any Guitar Hero title for that matter) would be difficult to write about in such a way as to be everything at once.

Anyway, I'm glad you're write / import (and modify) more of your work. It's always good to see enthusiastic people around here.

[Eating EmP's brain] probably isn't a good idea. I mean... He's British, which means his brain's wired for PAL and your eyes are NTSC. - Will

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.