Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > Lewis's FIFA Soccer 09 review

This thread is in response to a review for FIFA Soccer 09 on the PC. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: EmP (Mod)
Posted: November 24, 2008 (04:38 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

I beat you to the whole football/soccer rant years ago. That being said, seeing as you share this pet hate, I've never felt closer to you.

I think Fifa's gained on ISS hugely over the last handful of years. Though Fifa never seems to make giant strides forwards, it still makes strides while ISS has, for many years now, been in a state of perpetual staleness.

For us. For them. For you.

board icon
Author: JANUS2
Posted: November 24, 2008 (04:49 AM)

I enjoy FIFA better than Pro Evo now. If only because you can take shots while the game is loading.

"fuck yeah oblivion" - Jihad

board icon
Posted: November 24, 2008 (05:12 AM)

Agreed. That little mini-game while the loads take place is genius.

board icon
Author: wolfqueen001
Posted: November 24, 2008 (07:03 AM)

That being said, seeing as you share this pet hate, I've never felt closer to you.

Heeeey! I was here first! >=O

[Eating EmP's brain] probably isn't a good idea. I mean... He's British, which means his brain's wired for PAL and your eyes are NTSC. - Will

board icon
Posted: November 24, 2008 (07:54 AM)

You still call it soccer. You never stood a chance.

board icon
Posted: November 24, 2008 (08:09 AM)

;_; *sniff* Fine. I neever loved you anyway! *runs off crying*

[Eating EmP's brain] probably isn't a good idea. I mean... He's British, which means his brain's wired for PAL and your eyes are NTSC. - Will

board icon
Author: Lewis
Posted: November 24, 2008 (08:30 AM)

I could vaguely understand if you said "socker". But two Cs? Come on now.

Anyway, I love Gary and... whatever WQ's name is equally.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Posted: November 24, 2008 (09:42 AM)

Aww... =O

Joking aside, haha. I don't know why we call it soccer, either. =/ I guess it's just one of those "Yay - let's be different from everyone else even if it doesn't make any sense!" things we have.

But the hilariousy ironic thing about this whole thing is that I actually do call it football... at least around EmP and other Brits/Europeans (so he has no excuses!). I've always wondered how much it confuses them when I do.

EDIT: I just read the review in its entirety. I think it's hilariously redundant that it's called "FIFA Soccer" When FIFA stands for something International Football Association or something.

And I know you call us a bunch of blithering idiots (don't worry; I still love you =P), but I also know you only say that with affection, so we forgive you.

Actually, though, I would like to dispute that I don't think it really was you that invented the gamae. I thought the game was around in some form or another since the time of the ancient Greeks.

board icon
Posted: November 24, 2008 (10:39 AM)

Cambridge Rules pretty much started the modern game. Dunno about the pre-pig's-bladder days, though.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Posted: November 24, 2008 (04:24 PM)

My late-night proofreading did not serve me well. How many times did I use the word 'actual' in a single paragraph there?

board icon
Posted: November 24, 2008 (05:16 PM)

Twice. With two more following in the subsequent two paragraphs (one in each).

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.