Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > louis_bedigian's Far Cry 2 review

This thread is in response to a review for Far Cry 2 on the Xbox 360. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: Masters (Mod)
Posted: November 19, 2008 (08:28 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Hello, I've opened this topic for zipp, despite his disdain for my Silent Hill 4 review.

I don't have to prove I'm refined - that's what makes me refined!

board icon
Author: Lewis
Posted: November 20, 2008 (12:57 AM)

Really glad to see FC2 getting some more great press. I've not played it yet, but a lot of the less positive review seem to be focusing on areas I'm not particularly fussed about. The scope for experimentation and the immense replay value are what stood out about FC2's feature list for me - great to see another opinion that seems to value this.

"one of the best – potentially the best – first-person shooters of the year."

I'm going to fight you over this with Left 4 Dead. Even though you probably haven't played it and I haven't played FC2 ;)

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: November 20, 2008 (11:40 AM)

I thought Far Cry 2 was immensely boring. The environment was cool, but there was nothing in that environment to really make it come alive. Now, if crawling through swamps had left you with leeches, or if swimming through a river chanced an encounter with a crocodile, or if lions and cheetahs prowled the brush, then I would've felt immersed. For a game that was so much about putting the player in a realistic and living setting, they sure have a dead environment.

And the combat? I played on hard, and I won pretty much every fight by standing in one spot and shooting the idiotic computer as it came running into the open.

Regardless, I'm always open to different opinions (it would be a boring world otherwise) but your review seems very focused on surface level considerations, such as graphics and travel, and not so much on what Far Cry 2 actually is: a first person shooter. I would've liked to hear more on your opinion of Far Cry 2's unique combat system, as well as your opinion on the AI (which I thought was nothing less than terrible).

You've claimed it as the best first person shooter of the year, I would like to see that backed up.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Author: Masters (Mod)
Posted: November 20, 2008 (12:47 PM)

Is saying thanks difficult for you?

I don't have to prove I'm refined - that's what makes me refined!

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.