Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Site Announcements > Changing Hosts

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: honestgamer
Posted: November 26, 2020 (12:44 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

I am about to make an effort to change hosts. The site was down for most of the last 24 hours. Support was useless, and in fact advised me against rebooting the server as part of an attempt to fix the problem, even though I finally did that and it immediately resolved the issue. I hate when the site is down for even a minute, and this latest outage--only the most recent in a string of them--was the last straw.

Moving servers is tricky. I don't know how well it will go, due to the sheer volume of files the site now relies upon. I have backed up the mysql database to significantly lessen the impact of any move, but please know that if the site does indeed move, any messages and submissions produced after I post this forum post you're reading right now may not make the move.

Of course I will keep you all informed once the move is finalized, and I hope any impact will last only briefly. I just thought you all should know!

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy on reality

"What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto on secret doors to another world2

board icon
Author: dementedhut
Posted: November 26, 2020 (01:12 PM)

That must be frustrating for you to see that. Hope all goes well with the move.

I head spaceshit noises.

board icon
Author: honestgamer
Posted: November 28, 2020 (02:36 PM)

Okay, looks like the server move went through as desired. Of course we could still find minor issues here and there, so please let me know if you see any of that along the way, but we should now be ready to resume normal activity. Thanks for your patience!

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy on reality

"What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto on secret doors to another world2

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.