Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > JoeTheDestroyer's Everdark Tower review

This thread is in response to a review for Everdark Tower on the Switch. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: overdrive (Mod)
Posted: April 27, 2020 (08:43 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Reading the review made me realize that it's truly a great thing I did when, after my last stab at playing a Kemco game, I "forgot" to put my tablet back on the charger and may never remember to do so.

Although, at least this is a Hit-Point game, where you have a bit of originality (hence the good points you mentioned for about half the game combat-wise). My last stab was for Exe-Create's Glorious Savior, where my first 3 or so hours with it told me that it was just like any other EC game I'd played. Main plot elements lifted mostly from other games they've done and the male hero with 3-girl harem style of party building. And a lot of long-winded dialogue where the four get to "know each other" by talking constantly in ways that reaffirm that one character attribute the writers saw fit to give them. And I could go on.

I'm not afraid to die because I am invincible
Viva la muerte, that's my goddamn principle

board icon
Author: JoeTheDestroyer (Mod)
Posted: April 30, 2020 (10:17 AM)

The more I read about these Kemco RPGs, the more I want to avoid them, even though some of them sound decent. I have one already purchased on my phone (I'm pretty sure it's Tears Revolude), so I won't be avoiding them entirely.

The only thing my milkshake brings to the yard is a subpoena.

board icon
Author: overdrive (Mod)
Posted: May 01, 2020 (09:11 AM)

By Kemco standards, Tears Revolude is actually kind of decent. World Wide Software put enough effort into the graphics, combat system, plot, etc. that it doesn't really wear out its welcome over the 10-15 hours it'd take to beat it.

In the grand scheme of things, it might not be anything special, but I could see me putting it in the Top 5 of all the Kemco Krap I've played.

I'm not afraid to die because I am invincible
Viva la muerte, that's my goddamn principle

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.