Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > Masters's Vapor Trail review

This thread is in response to a review for Vapor Trail on the Genesis. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: overdrive (Mod)
Posted: April 17, 2020 (03:16 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Nice review. I did this game a long way back and remembered reviewing it simply due to your description of the voice. Seems mocking the "I can't hold it" is the only part of my review I can remember, but I'm thinking I somewhat shared your belief that this is a forgettable game, so that's probably the reason for my lack of any gameplay memories.

I'm not afraid to die because I am invincible
Viva la muerte, that's my goddamn principle

board icon
Author: Masters (Mod)
Posted: April 17, 2020 (06:10 PM)

Thanks, dude. I skim read yours before I wrote mine -- only skimmed because I didn't want to be swayed in any way -- but have since read it properly. Also, a good review. I think you liked the game a tiny bit more than I did, but you wrote it a long time ago and you'd probably like it less today.

I don't have to prove I'm refined - that's what makes me refined!

board icon
Author: overdrive (Mod)
Posted: April 18, 2020 (09:33 AM)

Out of curiosity, I checked to see what the shooter I reviewed before Vapor Trail was and found out that it was...SILVER SURFER. So playing this after that probably auto-raised my Vapor Trail score by at least a point. Because "nothing special" comes off as looking pretty damn good after you just experienced sheer incompetence!

I'm not afraid to die because I am invincible
Viva la muerte, that's my goddamn principle

board icon
Author: Masters (Mod)
Posted: April 18, 2020 (10:26 AM)

Ha, I never played Silver Surfer, but I've heard terrible things about it. Between playing Vapor Trail on the rebound from Silver Surfer's stink, and reviewing it over a decade ago... I'm thinking you'd give it a 1.5 today.

I don't have to prove I'm refined - that's what makes me refined!

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.