Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Contributor Zone > Site King 2020

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: EmP (Mod)
Posted: March 08, 2020 (09:31 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Because I said I would, I guess.

01: 30th Dec -- 5th January
02: 6th January -- 12th January
03: 13th January -- 19th January
04: 20th January -- 26th January
05: 27th January -- 2nd February
06: 3rd February -- 9th February
07: 10th February -- 16th February
08: 17th February -- 23rd February
09: 24th February -- 1st March
10: 2nd March -- 8th March
11: 9th March -- 15th March
12: 16th March -- 22nd March
13: 23rd March -- 29th March
14: 30th March -- 5th April
15: 6th April -- 12th April
16: 13th April -- 19th April
17: 20th April -- 26th April
18: 27 April -- 3rd May
19: 4th May -- 10th May
20: 11th May -- 17th May
21: 18th May -- 24th May
22: 25th May -- 31st May
23: 1st June -- 7th June
24: 8th June -- 14th June
25: 15th June -- 21st June
26: 22nd June -- 28th June
27: 29th June -- 5th July
28: 6th July -- 12th July
29: 13th July -- 19th July
30: 20th July -- 26th July
31: 27th July -- 2nd August
32: 3rd August -- 9th August
33: 10th August -- 16th August
34: 17th August -- 23rd August
35: 24th August -- 30th August
36: 31st August -- 6th September
37: 7th September -- 13th September
38: 14th September -- 20th September
39: 21st September -- 27th September
40: 28th September -- 4th October
41: 5th October -- 11th October
42: 12th October -- 18th October
43: 19th October -- 25th October
44: 26th October -- 1st November
45: 2nd November -- 8th November
46: 9th November- 15th November
47: 16th November -- 22nd November
48: 22nd November -- 29th November
49: 30th November -- 6th December
50: 7th December -- 13th December
51: 14th December -- 20th December
52: 21th December -- 27th December

For us. For them. For you.

board icon
Author: jerec
Posted: March 09, 2020 (04:09 AM)

I wonder if this will inspire me to write more.

I can avoid death by not having a life.

board icon
Author: overdrive (Mod)
Posted: March 09, 2020 (09:05 AM)

Well, if you want to finish in front of "Vacant", you better!

I'm not afraid to die because I am invincible
Viva la muerte, that's my goddamn principle

board icon
Posted: March 31, 2020 (02:12 PM)

Post-March update.

board icon
Author: Masters (Mod)
Posted: April 01, 2020 (11:47 AM)

Joe has been strangely quiet. Maybe the new addition I heard about is taking up all of his once-free time?

I don't have to prove I'm refined - that's what makes me refined!

board icon
Author: JoeTheDestroyer (Mod)
Posted: April 02, 2020 (01:30 AM)

Yeah, there's the baby, the fact that we're getting set to move soon (and have been house hunting, plus trying to sell our current abode), and the fact that my anxiety has been sky high with the ongoing pandemic. It's made writing fairly difficult, except for the occasional snarky comment in various places.

On the plus side, I do have some rough drafts finally done.

The only thing my milkshake brings to the yard is a subpoena.

board icon
Posted: September 24, 2020 (12:15 PM)

SEPTEMBER UPDATE – Because I suck at updating this and most people have forgotten it exists.

The start of the year featured a three-way tussle at the top between the trio of previous kings, Joe, Masters and EmP. Now, with the majority of the season played out, the race for the throne is less ambiguous. Powered by weird Indie titles and Jason Venter’s ravenous need to ensure he never has a gap in his schedule, EmP has pulled away from the pack in what’s threatening to be a record-breaking season. Last year saw Joe break the most wins in a season (15) and the highest final tally (67). He may be the best chance he has to keep those records intact as we steer into October, a month where Joe is historically his strongest.

Last year, veteran battler, Overdrive slid into the top three at the very last moment with a flurry of late-year points to see off Pickhut and Masters. He’s doing things slighter earlier this campaign, making a move up the table, currently keeping his step by a mere point from slumbering giant, Masters. Masters lead the board in the early days of the season, but has fallen into a slump. He’s come back from worse, but can he do so to fight off Overdrive’s charge? Racking up massive numbers of 3rd and 2nd places, OD been, perhaps, this season’s unluckiest player, recording a solid year that makes his solitary 1st place seem absolutely criminal.

The mid-table battle is fierce with Pickhut, Mariner and Jason all trading very similar stats. A few stand out weeks might be all one needs to pull ahead of the pack; a strong burst of results would even put them right in the reckoning for the battle for third.

Another win would put Flobknocker right among them, whose very recent victory has surged him above the dreaded Vacant line. There’s still enough of a season left for Jerec pull something off. Can he get his name above HG’s most improved and most non-existent writer? I know where he can get some easy Steam games to review…

NEXT UPDATE -- ???

board icon
Author: jerec
Posted: September 24, 2020 (01:41 PM)

Just letting you know that I'm glad you've updated this, and I appreciate the work that goes into it.

I've been writing a lot this year (probably one of my best years of productivity ever). Just not reviews... heh. I'd rather not review any more delisted crap Steam games, though.

I can avoid death by not having a life.

board icon
Author: honestgamer
Posted: September 24, 2020 (04:25 PM)

An excellent update. Thanks for putting in the required effort to make it happen!

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy on reality

"What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto on secret doors to another world2

board icon
Author: Masters (Mod)
Posted: September 24, 2020 (07:05 PM)

Ha, good work Gary, this was quite entertaining. Looks like you can just put it in neutral and cruise downhill from here on in and still win -- that's quite the lead you have.

I don't have to prove I'm refined - that's what makes me refined!

board icon
Posted: January 14, 2021 (12:51 PM)

And so the year, this awful, awful year, is done. I am the king of 2020. I do not care for this crown. It sits heavy.

Still, all praise me and my ability to perform basic maths! Once we get a little more into 2021 and, maybe, sort out the RotW judge roster, I'll start the new table so my crown can be contested. Until then, I bring my weary subjects delicious stat tables. Am I not a merciful ruler?

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.