Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Contributor Zone > RotW: Dec. 23-29, 2019 -- One person enters, one person wins

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: overdrive (Mod)
Posted: December 30, 2019 (12:08 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

This was a pretty damn quick week to get through, as we had contributions from one person sending in two reviews. You'd think the bulk of us were distracted by holiday stuff, what with the eating up our final vacation days of the year and then spending those days doing holiday-themed partying. Or, uh, going to a friend's house to get trashed while watching random college bowl games. At least I know I was doing that instead of writing anything!

REVIEW OF THE WEEK (aka: Overdrive Place)

CptRetroBlue's Parasite Eve (PlayStation)

In your hard-fought battle with yourself for supremacy this week, I dug this review a bit more than your Star Wars one. You did a good job of giving brief run-downs of a lot of the basics in this game in a fairly short amount of writing and including a fair amount of information including one tidbit I didn't know (that it was based on a Japanese novel -- and here I was thinking that Square had shown a pretty neat burst of creativity in coming up with this one). On a pure writing level, there are a few small errors and such, but overall, I thought the positives outstripped those negatives. Looking at this made me think about potentially making my own taglines for asset-sized pics when I put them in, as you were able to do that in a way that I thought kind of helped bring forth a couple points you made in the review (such as the picture with the dialogue talking about using tools on guns shortly after you'd mentioned that in writing).

And that's that for me doing this in 2019. On to the next year and whatever!

I'm not afraid to die because I am invincible
Viva la muerte, that's my goddamn principle

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.