Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > EmP's Full Throttle Remastered review

This thread is in response to a review for Full Throttle Remastered on the PC. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: Nightfire
Posted: December 09, 2019 (11:08 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

LucasArts was also the first to ensure that their adventure games never had a fail state, which made them far more enjoyable than their Sierra counterparts where you would die for any tiny mistake.

I don't remember this game being as short as you described, but maybe that's because I got stuck in a few spots and it made the game feel longer. I remember getting stuck trying to get into Todd's basement; I got confused as to why kicking the door open didn't get his attention, whereas politely knocking on the door would. I also got stuck on the Mine Road sequence when I was figuring out how to deal with the Cavefish. Out of the considerable arsenal of weapons, only the wooden board would get the job done. There's a certain logic to it, I suppose (you needed to knock him out so he couldn't activate the self-destruct on his bike), but it still took me a while to figure that one out.

There was sort of a Road Warrior post-apocalyptic vibe to this game, which fit the heavy metal theme. Vestiges of society were still present, but there was also a sort of wild west wasteland kinda vibe to it, which was awesome. Like you said, it sorta doesn't hold up against scrutiny in some places, but if you don't think about it too hard you'll enjoy the ride.

One thing I noticed in the screenshots of the Remaster is that it seems like they've done away with the 3D modelling? Can you confirm that? The game used some limited 3D modelling for Ben's bike and some other objects, and it looked okay at the original resolution, but I assume they did away with that and hand-animated it all? Or is it all cel-shaded?

One day I will get the urge to play this game again, and I'm glad this version exists, as I have lost my original disc. Any way you slice it, this game is a classic. I'm a bit surprised at the mediocre score you awarded, it's one of those games I'd probably give 4 or 5 stars, but maybe that's from a perspective of nostalgia. I did play it when I was a lot younger and my mind wasn't quite as critical back then. I'll have to play it again and see what my hardened adult brain thinks about it...

placid like acid

board icon
Author: Masters (Mod)
Posted: December 10, 2019 (10:55 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Let's try this again.

I just left feedback and for some reason, it didn't take.

Anyway, nice review.

I rather like this line: "I mean, it wouldn’t be strictly fair to suggest that Full Throttle was overly easy and could be seen off in an afternoon, but Full Throttle is overly easy and could be seen off in an afternoon."

And the ending was just right. Kudos!

I don't have to prove I'm refined - that's what makes me refined!

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.