Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > pickhut's Double Dragon review

This thread is in response to a review for Double Dragon on the Game Boy. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: Masters (Mod)
Posted: September 23, 2019 (06:43 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Nice review. Though you definitely liked the game better than I did. Did you beat it again before replaying? Just curious -- a big irritant for me was the fact that death restarts you at the beginning of the level! I'm considering reviewing it too, but I'm too lazy, and your review says most of what I would have wanted to say.

I don't have to prove I'm refined - that's what makes me refined!

board icon
Author: dementedhut
Posted: September 24, 2019 (04:04 AM)

Yeah, I played it prior to reviewing it, though I can't remember if I died that much while playing. Thanks for reading, too! I think the GB game still holds as my favorite rendition of the first Double Dragon, but that's going by all the versions I've played of it so far.

I head spaceshit noises.

board icon
Author: Masters (Mod)
Posted: September 24, 2019 (09:42 AM)

Ah, that's probably it. The fact that you played back in the day probably helped you just fly through it. On that basis, I can see how fun it would be. Dying at a boss and restarting the level though -- that's never fun.

Have you played the Master System version? Despite the glitches and horrendous music in places, it's probably the best representation of the arcade game -- it's two-player! None of the others are.

I don't have to prove I'm refined - that's what makes me refined!

board icon
Author: dementedhut
Posted: September 24, 2019 (04:04 PM)

It's been ages since I touched the SMS version, but I don't remember being particularly fond of it. I've been thinking about a revisit and a possible review for quite some time, but never got around to it. Who knows, maybe I might change my mind about it if I finally find time.

Edit: well, my two posts are eerily timed...

I head spaceshit noises.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.