Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > jerec's Fire Emblem: Three Houses review

This thread is in response to a review for Fire Emblem: Three Houses on the Switch. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: Genj
Posted: August 25, 2019 (07:48 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

I am an adult with a full-time job. When I’m not at work, I have to cook, clean, and get myself to bed at a reasonable hour. Since Fire Emblem: Three Houses was released, I’ve had trouble functioning as an adult. In three weeks, I’ve clocked up 80 hours of play - and I’m on my second playthrough, which I started less than a day after finishing the first campaign, and I’m not planning on stopping any time soon.

This is pretty much the main reason I opened this review. I was going to buy Three Houses until I read all these pressers talking about an 80 hour campaign. That'll take me months with my work schedule. I was more interested in Judgment at its release and even that took me weeks. As it stands I'm just hoping I can finish Control, Astral Chain, FF8 Remastered and Blasphemous before Code Vein comes out (not likely). Weird how I remember as a teenager grumbling about how PS2 games were too short and now I find myself grumbling about games being too long or having too much (samey) content. Thanks for the read.

_

board icon
Author: jerec
Posted: August 25, 2019 (02:24 PM)

Yeah, I'm getting that way about long games, too. I've given up a lot of games over the past few years because they didn't grab me straight away. Red Dead Redemption 2 lasted about 4-5 hours. I need to go back to Mario Odyssey.

But this game, man, it has me by the balls and it won't let go. And I love it.

I can avoid death by not having a life.

board icon
Author: Masters (Mod)
Posted: August 25, 2019 (07:01 PM)

I have RDR2 in my PS4 now. The intro seems very self important and artistic and I've already abandoned the game. I don't love games that have me holding the controller idly for 15 minutes at the start.

Edit: in other news, congrats on the 'comeback' review. I suspect that you'll win RotW, going 1 for 1, and ride off into the sunset again.

I don't have to prove I'm refined - that's what makes me refined!

board icon
Author: overdrive (Mod)
Posted: August 27, 2019 (12:27 PM)

When I got my PS4 in November, I got RDR 2 packed in with it for free as part of GameStop's Black Friday deal. I still haven't played it and, of the collection of PS4 games I've amassed, it is near the bottom as far as what I feel like playing.

I liked RDR on my 360, but I feel Rockstar's style works better with GTA because you have these large cities that look busy and there's the speed addiction of getting a good car and busting ass around the freeway listening to random radio stations, seeing how long you can go before wrecking it to the explosion level. RDR's world just seemed so sparsely populated in comparison. A few towns with comparatively little going on and way too many random animal attacks. I swear, those are my least favorite parts of their games. I'm playing GTA V and having a perfectly good time going around, wreck a car in the middle of nowhere and before I can even walk away from the wreckage, COUGAR'D!!!! And in the first RDR, you also had bears, wolves, snakes and probably something or other else. All I want to do is look at the pretty graphics and explore a bit, guys!!!! All you're doing is make me want to follow the plot from quest to quest to quest and not deviate one little bit off it!!!

I'm not afraid to die because I am invincible
Viva la muerte, that's my goddamn principle

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.