Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > Masters's Arcade Archives: Ninja Gaiden review

This thread is in response to a review for Arcade Archives: Ninja Gaiden on the PlayStation 4. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: CptRetroBlue
Posted: August 12, 2019 (07:04 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

You gotta admit that Ninja lives quite extravagantly between stages.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: Masters (Mod)
Posted: August 12, 2019 (06:08 PM)

Haha! I had forgotten about that pimp life he was living. So funny.

I don't have to prove I'm refined - that's what makes me refined!

board icon
Author: honestgamer
Posted: August 13, 2019 (08:16 AM)

I never like reviews that bash games for inherent limitations of hardware, or for the sin of following genre norms I happen to appreciate... and this isn't such a review. You do a great job of explaining just why this game, despite its charm, fails to meet the appropriate standards, and I like in particular your point that it always did so, even before nostalgia entered the picture. I now know to expect less when/if I ever play the Switch version I purchased. Going in with adjusted expectations might well prove helpful.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy on reality

"What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto on secret doors to another world2

board icon
Author: Masters (Mod)
Posted: August 13, 2019 (10:17 AM)

Thank you both for reading (presumably!) and Venter, I'm glad that the review has been instructive in your putting the game on the bottom of your to-do list. Too bad it couldn't have prevented you from buying it in the first place!

I don't have to prove I'm refined - that's what makes me refined!

board icon
Author: Sina-Septic
Posted: August 13, 2019 (01:12 PM)

I'm no veteran but I've played these titles:
Ninja Gaiden 1988 (Arcade)
Ninja Gaiden NES Trilogy
Ninja Gaiden Shadow
all of the Ninja Gaidens that were released for Sega platforms
Ninja Gaiden Black
Actually, I've Played NG2 and NG3 (X360) and Yaiba (Windows version), but I've not Beaten them yet!
But in my opinion, the hardest title is the first title of the NES Trilogy and 1988 arcade version and NG Black, and the easiest is NG Shadow. in NG Black there are so many weapons and the abilities (like running on walls (the ability that looks like the arcade version that you played it for this review, you can run on the walls and do whatever you want if you have the sword :D)), but the camera is the hardest boss of the game (at least for me)! but the Arcade version... VERY VERY hard beat'em up with HARD bosses (second shot of the game in this review... it rings a bell!). Thanks for the review!

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.