Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > EmP's Cultist Simulator review

This thread is in response to a review for Cultist Simulator on the PC. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: Masters (Mod)
Posted: July 18, 2019 (01:38 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

What a weird premise for a game. Your intro covers it well, but then your review feels a bit tougher to read than your usual works. I'm not sure why. Surely the subject matter doesn't help, but there's perhaps a bit less flow than usual towards the middle of the piece.

Thankfully, when you get into the 'start again' motif in the last third of the review, you're back in top form, culminating in a very well written final paragraph which sums things up rather nicely.

Check on this sentence:

"It’s the 1920’s, a very decedent time for cult-like cultism"

Anyway, good job covering more strangeness. That's generally your M.O. though, isn't it?

I don't have to prove I'm refined - that's what makes me refined!

board icon
Author: EmP (Mod)
Posted: July 19, 2019 (02:06 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

One day, I'll review a nice, easy game. It's been a while! Maybe my hesitant returns to AAA gaming will assist that. one day you'll review anything at all!

This is a weird game which was a bit difficult to get down in words, but I figured I'd give it a go. Thanks for the catches, and cheers for reading! Onto the next oddity.

For us. For them. For you.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.