Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > EmP's Batman: Arkham Asylum review

This thread is in response to a review for Batman: Arkham Asylum on the PC. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: wolfqueen001
Posted: June 18, 2019 (11:30 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Nice review. I thought about writing this one up when I finished it years ago, but I never got around to it. I must be the only person in the world that didn't have a problem with the finale. Sure, it wasn't really Joker's MO, I suppose, but the fight itself wasn't bad (in my opinion), and I don't really know if it would have been better if it placed you in yet another gas chamber where if you fall to the ground you die unless you release the ventilation system.

[Eating EmP's brain] probably isn't a good idea. I mean... He's British, which means his brain's wired for PAL and your eyes are NTSC. - Will

board icon
Author: EmP (Mod)
Posted: June 19, 2019 (06:45 AM)

[SPOILERS]

The Joker battle was bloody awful. The entire game sets up to VENOM Joker, then you watch him transform, get man handled into his custom-built arena and... fight a few low level thugs while he distracts himself off-screen and you shoot him with a rope a few times. You have this huge Mr. Hyde Joker standing out of your reach while you beat up the same henchmen you've been beating up throughout the entire bloody game. It's awful. For a great boss fight see Ivy, Poison. The little minx.

It was a good Bat-time, despite the end. I've got most of the other Arkham series in the library; I'll probably give them a play as time dictates. Thanks for reading!

For us. For them. For you.

board icon
Author: wolfqueen001
Posted: July 01, 2019 (06:21 PM)

Well, sure, it wasn't anything like Ivy's fight, which was brutal... That I'll grant. I just don't think it was as bad as it's oft made out to be. I guess to me, it's no different than the final boss of Demon's Souls, which is incredibly disappointing compared to the fight just before (if playing linearly). Though, that one at least had tremendous story reasons for its pathetic-ness.

I'll probably think the same as you if I were to play it again; I just don't remember being super disappointed like a lot of people were when I played it. But then, maybe I was just looking at it from an overall standpoint and didn't really let the end phase me at all. *shrug* Who knows. Look forward to any more reviews you write for the series. I haven't played the rest of it (no time) despite owning the collection. Maybe one day.

[Eating EmP's brain] probably isn't a good idea. I mean... He's British, which means his brain's wired for PAL and your eyes are NTSC. - Will

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.