Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > pickhut's Air Fortress review

This thread is in response to a review for Air Fortress on the NES. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: hastypixels
Posted: May 05, 2019 (08:10 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

The first screenshot you chose had a striking impact on my memory, as the narrow column was created for the Kirby game Milkway Wishes fight inside of that giant clockwork wish-granty-thing. I can say I don't find it surprising that level design is such a mishmash here because Kirby has issues to, but being easy nullifies the majority of them as the team improves at their jobs.

Interesting read, thank you.

Look, the only time I'm not wrong is when I'm right, so...

board icon
Author: dementedhut
Posted: May 05, 2019 (11:19 PM)

Never played far into that rendition of Kirby (Super Star, I think?), but considering they're both by the same devs, I can imagine the nod, if it is one. In fact, I haven't played any Kirby games past the SNES-era, so I'll take your word about the games being a mesh. Been meaning to get into them, I even bought the Kirby collection that came out on Wii a years back, but I just never found the time.

Thanks for reading the review, too!

I head spaceshit noises.

board icon
Author: hastypixels
Posted: May 07, 2019 (08:20 AM)

I've always enjoyed the Kirby games. They're just easy enough to dive head first into, but hard enough to provide a modicum of challenge. Two player in Super Star is a lot of fun to. It'd be a natural addition to Nintendo Online, and it's a missed opportunity that they haven't done so.

Look, the only time I'm not wrong is when I'm right, so...

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.