Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > JoeTheDestroyer's Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge review

This thread is in response to a review for Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge on the Xbox. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: hastypixels
Posted: May 05, 2019 (08:31 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

I'd been interested in Crimson Skies for some time but I wasn't in a position to play it - nor did I have a console it was available on. In spite of its flaws, it seems I might've had a good time with it.

Look, the only time I'm not wrong is when I'm right, so...

board icon
Author: LeVar_Ravel
Posted: May 05, 2019 (12:11 PM)

Hi Joe,

Do you know if this is anything like the original Crimson Skies for PC? I remember CS as a creative game, decent overall, except if you failed, sometimes you'd have to listen to the same long stretches of dialogue over again. The Hollywood director was funny the first time, but "FOLLOW the plane in FRONT of you!" wears out its welcome.

==LeVar Ravel

LeVarRavel.com

board icon
Author: LeVar_Ravel
Posted: May 05, 2019 (12:31 PM)

"Left often becomes up, and you become dead."

Ha ha! Sounds like they were going for a Fly Into The Death Star level!

==LeVar Ravel

LeVarRavel.com

board icon
Author: JoeTheDestroyer (Mod)
Posted: May 05, 2019 (01:18 PM)

Hasty:
It's not entirely bad. I had a decent time with the first 2/3 of it, but the last bit was infuriating at times. It helps if you know what you're getting into at that point.

Levar:
As far as I know, this one takes place in the same time line as the original Crimson Skies, but it's not a direct sequel. I've read that there are numerous differences. This one allows you to skip cutscenes if you have to restart. The upgrades in the original are almost more in-depth, where this one only allows you to do a single, bit upgrade. Plus, I've heard the first one is more of an arcade-style shooter (I've not played the original, though I want to), where this one is very mission-based.

And yeah, the temple was a bit like going through a Death Star, come to think of it. I did actually say "Stay on target" to myself a few times.

The only thing my milkshake brings to the yard is a subpoena.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.