Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > General Chatter > Discord Feedback

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: hastypixels
Posted: April 27, 2019 (09:58 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Update The changes have been implemented and our Steam community notified. Feedback is still welcome, of course, but you may find it easier to get ahold of me on Discord. Maybe a little ironic, that.

---

Well ladies and gents - mostly gents, I know - Discord usage is at an all time low. I've been pondering some ideas to get things flowing, and I have some suspicions about why that is. However, I'm not prepared to give up.

What I'd like is some feedback regarding the server. I know initially there was little use seen for it, but there are times it's quicker as an interactive hub compared to other methods, especially considering our interactions are sporadic and limited according to the time we have.

It would be nice to be able to set up multiplayer sessions for those reviews that need them, and perhaps more. Whilst I await your responses, I'm going to be putting some things into action:

- Review Announcements: I'll do what I can to keep track of new reviews and announce them in Discord, just to get some activity going.
- Channel restructuring: That's ongoing. I'm going to use another server as an example and keep the channel list to a minimum with user roles that will distinguish what's going on instead of setting fine limits on what people say. Some things need to be separate, but anything particularly sensitive is going to happen here by PM anyway.

For now that's what I've got. I'd like to enable us to chat more openly about legally sensitive subjects given the overshadowing of the 'net as that continues to infringe. There are looming questions that deserve another thread, because we aren't - and won't be - immune to decisions made by our local governments.

So, in the interest of enthusiasm, I'm eagerly anticipating your feedback. I'm not looking for "yeah, but it doesn't interest me right now". I know that. What I need to know is what would make the server worth your while.

Thank you.

Look, the only time I'm not wrong is when I'm right, so...

board icon
Author: Masters (Mod)
Posted: April 29, 2019 (08:48 AM)

Your topic is lonely, but I can't help much (at all), because I have no idea what Discord is.

I don't have to prove I'm refined - that's what makes me refined!

board icon
Posted: April 29, 2019 (04:29 PM)

If you've ever used a good chat or voice client for gaming, Discord rolls the best of those into a single program that just works. Also works beautifully on mobile, too. It's quick and easy to create a community out of just a few players but its roles and permissions systems are robust enough to manage large groups, too.

It's like Skype, Ventrillo and MSN Messenger rolled into one. Basically anyone can start a server, and then create invites for anyone they know. It's fast, efficient, supports social media and Steam... and has replaced popular systems like GameSpy as the default way for players to hook up, especially multiplayer ones since it includes a slick voice system that is nearly seamless.

It's very media aware and handles web content easily... If you know anything about Markup, it supports that in addition to Webhooks. It also keeps track of what your friends play to make it even easier for communities to connect.

Recently they added a search feature to support official Discord servers... and in all my years of using these chat apps... this one is the easiest to learn and most powerful. If you're a gamer and not into it... I'd suggest giving it a try. It's popular even for non gaming events like NaNoWriMo.

board icon
Author: jerec
Posted: April 30, 2019 (04:25 AM)

I'm not as old as Masters. I knew what Discord is, but I haven't used it.

Still old, then. I guess.

I can avoid death by not having a life.

board icon
Posted: April 30, 2019 (05:47 PM)

Well, either you've got a use for it or you haven't, that's just how things are.

I'd say something clever about age but I'm feeling it right now so... nope.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.